Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 - yesterday

Top 5 - last week

Top 5 - last month

Uganda: National Agricultural Advisory Services

NAADS: Renewed focus on money-making Hass avocado and macadamia

Changes are being made within Ugandan horticulture, including a 30% farmer contribution through the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) contribution of 70%. This is a new cost sharing intervention for farmers dealing especially in high value crops starting with Hass avocados and macadamias. The new strategy is deemed a possible game changer to transform agro-business as confirmed by Samuel Mugasi, the Executive Director of the agency, during the NAADS breakfast media meeting and engagement last Friday in Kampala.

“We are now no longer giving out free seedlings; NAADS pay 70% and farmers pay 30%. We want that co-ownership,” Mugasi stated. With the new programs, farmers will pay 30% and the government will contribute the remaining 70%.

The new strategy is intended to enable and, or enhance access to relevant agricultural support services, including quality agricultural inputs, extension, research and technology, storage, processing and value addition, market information and market for produce, finance and insurance.


Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber

You are using software which is blocking our advertisements (adblocker).

As we provide the news for free, we are relying on revenues from our banners. So please disable your adblocker and reload the page to continue using this site.

Click here for a guide on disabling your adblocker.