- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Berg River farmers avoid loadshedding through pilot project with Eskom
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW BANANAS
- Results of retractable cooling roof trials with strawberries in Mexico
- Fruit Logistica magazine FreshPlaza/Primeur now available online
- “We’re reaching a point where conventional costs more than organic”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Fresh investment poised to bring innovative MOST Device to exporters worldwide
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, MOST has developed a solution for fresh produce and other perishable goods, the MOST Device, which can track both location, temperature, light, humidity and shock during ocean-going maritime shipments and upload stored data at any given opportunity to the GSM-network — and determine the best routes for land transportation in real time.
With four digital sensors plus location tracking, which provide continual online updates, the device is attracting increasing numbers of clients worldwide, including major players in the fresh produce sector, according to CEO Jon Hjertenstein.
This global expansion looks set to be given a significant boost with the recent entry of a group of South Africa-based investors, Knife Capital, which includes Bob Skinstad, a former rugby professional who represented the Springboks in two Rugby World Cups, including as part of the winning side in 2007. Skinstad, who is a part of Knife Capital's London office, has taken a seat on the MOST management board as part of the investment.
In doing so, Skinstad and Knife Capital join Lars Markgren, co-founder of King Digital Entertainment, a British-Swedish game studio that created global gaming sensation Candy Crush, which has been an investor in MOST since 2014.
As Hjertenstein explains, the new round of investment will enable MOST to significantly expand by being able to promote the capabilities of the MOST Device in markets worldwide. One of the first steps towards achieving this will be the recruitment of representatives in markets across Europe, Latin America and North America, as well as southern Africa, with further expansion into Asia to follow at a later date.
For more information:
Jon Hjertenstein, CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 Ozone used to remove ethylene in cold rooms
- 2023-01-20 Nigerian cold storage startup eyes markets of Rwanda, Kenya and Benin
- 2023-01-20 Agriculture Secretary Shri Manoj Ahuja inaugurates one-day India Cold Chain Conclave
- 2023-01-20 Pakistan: Cold storage owners fear fruit and vegetable shortages due to changing energy tariffs
- 2023-01-19 New Kenyan vacuum cooling service to improve vegetable and herb exports
- 2023-01-17 Highlands Farmers in Papua New Guinea call for proper storage facilities
- 2023-01-17 Six cold storage facilities to be built in Filipino onion-producing regions
- 2023-01-13 Kenya: Logistic company Mitchell Cotts unveils country's first vacuum cooling service
- 2023-01-12 ‘New Zealand ministers should have done more to counter CO2 shortage’
- 2023-01-12 Tanzania’s tomato growers need solar-powered cold storages
- 2023-01-12 Nigerian Ministry empowers fruit and vegetable traders to cut down on post-harvest losses
- 2023-01-09 Myanglung farmers happy with new cold storage
- 2023-01-06 Philippines: Government urged to invest in cold storage facilities for onions
- 2023-01-06 Optimizing blanching of IQF fruit and vegetables for maximum profit
- 2023-01-06 Hong Kong: Port handles record reefer boxes on Hapag-Lloyd's Cherry Express Service
- 2022-12-22 "This technology works well for all perishables but particularly on commodities such as lettuce, cut flowers"
- 2022-12-22 Pacific International Lines makes first CA reefer delivery of fresh avocados to Singapore
- 2022-12-22 Minister S. Ranjan Singh inaugurates multipurpose cold storage opened at Kangmong
- 2022-12-21 New check point for imported produce
- 2022-12-19 Performance Team inaugurates new cold chain storage facility in Texas