- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
Top 5 - last month
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
China: Paper industry hopes for price increase
Since the end of October the price of waste paper has been in a steep decline. In recent days, 40 paper mills simultaneously increased paper prices, while one of the paper industry's leading companies, Jiulong Paper Industry in Dongguan, Guangdong, and its subordinate holdings, raised prices for all paper products. Analysts think that under the influence of this double stimulation prices in the paper industry will go up.
The prices of corrugated paper and cardboard paper showed a substantial drop in November as a result of the decline in the purchase price of reclaimed waste paper. However, as market prices for waste paper begin to stabilize and large companies in the paper industry raise prices, it is hoped that prices in the industry will also rise. Prices for corrugated paper and cardboard paper hit their lowest point after the continued drop in prices during November. Products of corrugated paper in particular have already dropped to cost price, and there is a limit to how much more prices can fall.
Source: Jinyang Online (Guangzhou)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 Farewell to plastic in tomato packaging
- 2023-03-22 Aldi embroiled in Twitter outrage due to strange labelling
- 2023-03-21 Toronto: Sobeys sells individually packaged fruit slices
- 2023-03-20 "Good food products should never be wasted"
- 2023-03-20 "Circular packaging can help Europe meet its energy-neutral climate goals"
- 2023-03-20 Ezy:Split for premium fruit ideal for stone fruit, grapes and strawberries
- 2023-03-17 "In the organic and Demeter segment in particular, our product has already become well established"
- 2023-03-14 Bio-plastics offer up sustainable produce protection
- 2023-03-13 Great Wrap develops potato-based compostable alternative to plastic wrap and cling film
- 2023-03-13 Spanish wooden packaging bets on internationalisation for 2023
- 2023-03-09 Transformed handicrafts born out of a social solidarity project in Italy
- 2023-03-09 Italy can produce 100% plastic-free packaging for the fruit and vegetable sector
- 2023-03-08 "We're ready for the top fruit season with this automated apple-laying system"
- 2023-03-03 Fresh produce packaging that reduces losses and waste in ambient conditions
- 2023-03-03 Is moving away from plastic in food packaging a colossal mistake?
- 2023-03-01 Reflex Group takes over GSH label and tag production
- 2023-02-27 "Paper-based packaging for fresh produce, a colossal mistake"
- 2023-02-24 Smart packaging design from Norway to save costs, cut emissions
- 2023-02-23 "Those implementing trend-based packaging policies are the real 'climate terrorists'"
- 2023-02-17 IFCO achieves 2 billion reusable packaging shipment milestone