- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Newcomers with established names
Synergy Systems Weighing, Handling & Processing is the new collaboration between Kronen, Hitec Foodsystems and Marco Integrated Weighing. The company is responsible for selling and servicing machines, systems and projects. In the coming years they mostly want to focus on optimising their service.
Synergy Systems was founded early this year. Daily management is in the hands of Menno Jongsma, who owns the new company, as well as Kronen and Hitec Foodsystems. Marco Integrated Weighing is a committed partner. “We were only recently founded, but we are definitely not a newcomer in the branch,” Menno says. “Our partners are established names, and have all necessary knowledge and experience. The fact that Kronen wanted to reorganise its representation in the Netherlands and Flanders was decisive for us to set up Synergy Systems.” Menno has worked for Marco Integrated Weighing in recent years, and he is specialised in fresh-cut and the processing industry.
“You could say we had a flying start,” says the managing director. In the past period, Synergy Systems did a number of great projects, and new challenges have already been planned for the coming months. Menno talks about being active for fruit and vegetable processing and packing companies and producers of convenience foods, among other things. “Thanks to our broad product range and knowledge, we can serve smaller and mid-sized processing companies in addition to large parties. The combination of standard machines and creative, custom solutions means we can offer total solutions that are often not possible for others. Because of that, we can do large projects for leading companies despite our recent start.” For example, they were recently given the assignment for executing and guiding a completely new processing line for a high-end convenience producer in Belgium. “I’m not afraid to say convenience is one of our specialities. Our solutions meet the demands of companies active in processing and packing fresh fruit and vegetables for the production of, for example, fruit shakers, meals, salad bowls and wraps.”
Sharing knowledge directly with customers
Menno says that when implementing a project, optimal use is made of the products and knowledge of the partners. “We take care of project engineering with the aid of our partners’ knowledge,” he mentions. “That way, technical staff of the relevant supplier is always present during the installation of the machines, and customers can turn to them in the event of questions and comments. We think knowledge and skill of our partners is very important, and we don’t want our customers to miss out on that. That’s why there’s also direct contact between partners and customers. Instead of doing everything ourselves, we’ve chosen to build a strong partner network with players who know what they’re doing, and to continue building on that.”
Synergy Systems has, in its own words, been able to make a successful start. According to the managing director, this is partly due to the flourishing economy. As an example, he mentions the growing replacement market. “A few years ago, people waited to replace or update machinery, but there’s more room for that now. Besides, we also see expansions and new constructions being planned all around us.” That the partners of Synergy Systems are already well-known in the sector is also to their advantage. “We don’t actually have to work on name recognition anymore. That’s why expanding our service will come first for the coming time. After that we want to stabilise project engineering, so that a continued growth, both nationally and internationally, is possible. For example, we still see many opportunities in Germany, where much is still going to happen in the field of convenience.”
Synergy Systems Weighing, Handling & Processing
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 "More and more fruit growers decide to buy mobile night frost control machine"
- 2023-03-20 "With the help of UAV protection technology, orchard operations have been greatly improved"
- 2023-03-17 Saving time and labor
- 2023-03-16 The next generation of onion grading
- 2023-03-16 Development of fully automated harvesting and transportation robots with AI
- 2023-03-16 CTI FoodTech from Italy opened a new US facility
- 2023-03-15 New peeling machine Pearl6 for Williams pears
- 2023-03-15 Flame treatments against woolly aphids
- 2023-03-07 AgroScout technology advances potato farming in the US
- 2023-03-06 How nut processors can benefit from the latest sorting technologies
- 2023-03-03 Carbon Robotics named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023
- 2023-03-03 "How to simplify and optimize the harvesting of vegetables"
- 2023-03-03 "Combining all automatic aspects in this capacity is a first for us too"
- 2023-03-03 Auction of food processing machinery to be held on behalf of Fountain Group Ltd. in Nordelph
- 2023-03-01 New packing line allows expansion of cherry production by 30 percent
- 2023-02-23 Four online auctions at Homann Feinkost GmbH closing soon
- 2023-02-23 "We chose this tray filler because of its capacity and ability to mix sizes"
- 2023-02-21 A pruning branch windrower to save on time and costs
- 2023-02-20 Professional cordless thresher, an essential tool around this time of year
- 2023-02-20 Mango increasing in popularity along with production volumes