Excellent Fruit Alliance Member - Xinji Yu Long

"China: "Control of Ya pear production gradually implemented"

"Hebei is known in China and even in the world for its high quality pears. In the past few years, the Hebei pear producers have been trying to implement an integrated management system, but it has not been very effective. This year, the Excellent Fruit Alliance used integrated management for the first time on the Hebei Ya pear distribution quantity and pace. As one of the members of the alliance, we are quite satisfied with the results," according to Ji Yu of Xinji Yu Long Preserved Food Co., Ltd.

Pear fields

Xinji Yu Long Preserved Food Co., Ltd.

"We are an agricultural trading company that combines pear production, storage and sales. We have around 510 hectares (5,100 mu) of pear fields in Hebei, where we grow several breeds, such as Huangguan, Ya pears, Wonhwang, Beryl and Xinli 7. We export 70% of our high quality pears under the brand 'Tianyu' to high end markets in America, Canada and Europe, and some small quantities to countries in South East Asia as well. The other 30% we sell to distributors and supermarkets in large cities in China."

Evergreen Marine Corp. distribution trucks

Huangguan pears

"There are not that many companies in Hebei that handle the Ya pear production and sales. These companies have all joined the Excellent Fruit Alliance. After the alliance coordinated export quantities, and set up shipment plans, the Ya pear export to America has been very regular. The export quantities are pretty much the same every week. Furthermore, it is a real advantage that the American market will not have any problems with delivery, so the sales on this market will also remain stable."

Nanshui pears

Ya pears

"This year's Ya pear sales are rather similar to last year's. The export price has increased by around 10%. As a member of the Excellent Fruit Alliance, we are very confident in the future. We believe that, under the collaborative control, we will be able to satisfy the demand of importers and consumers much better."

Ji Yu
Xinji Yu Long Preserved Food Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 186 3090 1390

Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber