- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Berg River farmers avoid loadshedding through pilot project with Eskom
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW BANANAS
- Results of retractable cooling roof trials with strawberries in Mexico
- Fruit Logistica magazine FreshPlaza/Primeur now available online
- “We’re reaching a point where conventional costs more than organic”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Seeka upgrades operational guidance to within 5% of 2016 profit
In June, Seeka had advised the market that, as a result of dramatically lower Hayward crop volumes in New Zealand, its operational earnings would be up to 15% down on the previous year’s operational earnings of $7.8m, with an expectation that the company would operate at the lower end of the range c.a $6.6m. The impact of the lower New Zealand Hayward crop volumes had been buffered by stronger earnings in its Australian business and New Zealand avocado business.
According to Seeka its mechanisms to manage expenditure, along with improved operational performance across its avocados and kiwifruit businesses, and emerging business [The Delicious Nutritious Food Company], has led it to revise the operational forecast upwards. "Seeka’s current expectation is that the after tax profit from operational earnings to be close to that achieved in 2016, and within a plus or minus 5% range. Accordingly guidance is for after tax net profit from operations for the full year within 5% of $7.8m," stated the company.
Seeka has however reviewed its banana ripening and supply business following a change in supply lines to a major customer where that customer is moving to their own direct supply of bananas. As a result of the review Seeka expects to impair the carrying value of the goodwill aspect of this business with that impact expected between $1.75m and $2.5m subject to audit. The Company notes that there are other revaluation processes underway which may positively impact profit through the financial year end process.
Seeka will continue to update the market should there be any material changes to outlook.
For more information:
Tel: +64 21 356 516
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 "We're increasing our focus on delivering a scalable operating model to lower our costs"
- 2023-02-03 PPC Flexible Packaging acquires Stepac, Mapfresh Holdings
- 2023-02-03 With the right technologies, the electricity bill can be 30% cheaper
- 2023-02-03 Plenty receives $20 million funding for R&D center from State of Wyoming
- 2023-02-03 Linton Growing joins Driscoll’s nursery network
- 2023-02-02 Bayer and Kimitec join forces to bring the next generation of Biologicals to millions of growers worldwide
- 2023-02-02 Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- 2023-02-02 Nonprofit launches 10th location in San Antonio, Texas
- 2023-02-02 Exp. Group shares plans to expand into Europe
- 2023-02-02 New sales manager for Family Tree Farms
- 2023-02-02 G&R Farms promotes from within
- 2023-02-02 Jan Oskam sells one site to property developer, from 2024, second site will be central location
- 2023-02-02 "New processing site gives us plenty of room to grow"
- 2023-02-02 Koeltrans celebrates its 12 and a half year anniversary
- 2023-02-02 "The acquisition of Rüther means we can now offer the full range of Freshcut articles"
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan