- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- California avocado production forecast for 2023
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Daniel Bustamante Canny from Agrícola Cerro Prieto
Peru and Colombia join forces to have year-round avocado supply
Avocados are the most important product in terms of volume for ACP, but they also produce table grapes, organic blueberries and asparagus. “We export our products worldwide. We evaluate the markets that are open, to see which ones are most interesting to export to. It’s important to keep developing the international market. For example, Colombia is still negotiating the entrance for their avocados to some markets such as the United States that recently opened, as well as Canada and other markets in Asia and Latin America. It’s always good to have alternative markets.”
Daniel explains that ACP has 1,000 hectares producing Hass avocado. “In addition, we have 500 hectares which are in the starting phase of avocado production. As production keeps increasing, combined with the alliance with Fruty Green, it allows us to offer our clients better programmes.”
Daniel, who is also Chairman of the Peruvian Hass Avocado Growers’ Association (PROHASS), declares that Peru currently has around 28,000 hectares of Hass Avocados. During the 2017 season they faced a 28% growth in the avocados supplied to the world, and the Avocado Industry in Peru is still growing.
“The avocado market has a lot of growth potential, however, it doesn’t come for free. The future increase in the global Avocado supply, needs to go side by side with the World’s demand for this product. Therefore, it needs to continue with the promotional efforts currently being made in different markets in order to make that happen”, concludes Daniel.
For more information:
Daniel Bustamante Canny
ACP – Agrícola Cerro Prieto
T: +511 619 3900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 Papua New Guinea to embark on developing avocados as an industry
- 2022-09-30 South African avo industry hamstrung by overreliance on single export market
- 2022-09-29 “Prices for Peruvian avocados in US were disappointing, less than half of Mexico and California's prices”
- 2022-09-28 "The annual production rate is increasing faster than the demand"
- 2022-09-27 Guatemala's Hass avocado takes another step to enter the US market
- 2022-09-26 Avocado industry leaders recognized
- 2022-09-22 Tanzanian avocados sell at Sh10,000 apiece in Belgium
- 2022-09-21 'Eating one avocado a day might lower cholesterol levels'
- 2022-09-21 "The first Dominican tropical avocados of the season will arrive in Europe in two weeks"
- 2022-09-19 Delivery volume of Peruvian avocados declined after Mid-Autumn Festival, and the price went up
- 2022-09-16 "Due to the ban on early harvesting of avocados the sizes and maturity improved substantially"
- 2022-09-15 Mexican avocados kicks off with fall marketing program
- 2022-09-14 Avocado exports from the southern hemisphere and Mexico will increase by 29% this season
- 2022-09-13 China: Increased sourcing destinations to boost avocado consumption
- 2022-09-12 Same-day fresh avocado delivery proves popular in Shanghai
- 2022-09-09 Despite global challenges Mexican avocado production is going strong
- 2022-09-08 “The market has improved and we are now seeing better demand"
- 2022-09-07 Avodemia: "We are looking for avocado importers in China"
- 2022-09-02 New Zealand avocado export season well underway
- 2022-09-01 FreshPlaza's September Special is on Avocados