Top of the list is China with information on garlic an ginger. A market report on these items in February of 2016 resulted in the most read article.
Followed by another hot item as GMO, the first crop of GMO Arctic apples hit the market. After many debates in the past years the first commercial crop arrived of the GMO apple.
A big hoax in the month of April with a banana-kiwi hybrid gained a lot of popularity amongst our readers.
The fifth article was about the hundreds of thousands kilos of apples that were lying in the field, ready to get destroyed. The reason for this was to keep the market prices stable and this was the last solution.
Other articles in the top 10 of 2016:
6) Overview Global Avocado Market
7) Thumb-sized watermelons in high demand
8) Is Dragon fruit the new money maker?
9) Extreme snowfall and frost damage in Europe
10) Overview Global Pomegranate Market