- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Ensuring consistent Polish apple quality from orchard to delivery
Real-time shipments monitoring
In order to be able to provide top quality delivered produce, Polish apple exporter Genesis Fresh recognized the need to introduce cargo monitoring for all their shipments.
"We believe that produce should be as fresh upon delivery as when it’s loaded onto a truck. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. Therefore, Genesis Fresh uses, and is introducing other companies to, a new tool called Locus Traxx, for continuous monitoring of the temperature and location of every shipment. If something happens, one can contact the shipper and either request special handling, a closer inspection, or let them know one is requesting a replacement shipment. The ability to detect problems as soon as or even before they occur can substantially improve customer satisfaction." says Jan Nowakowski, of Genesis Fresh.
"Before using Locus Traxx, we had been constantly worried about the quality of the goods on arrival, now we have full control of each shipment's condition and can react in case of any aberrations." adds Jan Nowakowski, of Genesis Fresh.
The company has decided to cooperate closely in a joint venture partnership with the US Locus Traxx Worldwide company, part of the US Emerson company, to become the exclusive representative of their products in Poland.
“As a company dedicated to the real-time location and temperature monitoring and safety of perishable and high value shipments in transit, we understand the importance of data. Whether it’s the temperature of produce driving down the road, the location of a potentially life-saving shipment of medicine, or the security of high value merchandise, we provide real-time, continuous information, utilizing the latest technology, and delivery of alerts to your computer, tablet, or smartphone” shared Nowakowski.
Communication is the key to providing the best customer service
Genesis Fresh thoroughly researches the market for tools that might be introduced and become useful throughout the whole supply chain process. Therefore, recently, the company implemented an order management system, enabling the whole team to have an instant preview of the progress of each order across all devices.
"Moving work step by step from start to finish with assigning tasks to the right people is the key to clarity and work-time optimization, especially at times when the number of orders increases." said Alicja Solińska, Sales Manager at Genesis Fresh and new technologies enthusiast.
"Exchanging tons of e-mails & messages inside the company every day has been replaced by clear communication system that has completely eliminated the risk of understatements and misunderstandings, which are one of the significant causes of complaints in the fruit & veg industry."
"At Genesis Fresh we understand that customers' satisfaction can be achieved only by providing the best solutions possible, thus we permanently focus on innovations," Alicja adds.
"However, not many companies in Poland have the same attitude. While most of them focus on improving other aspects of their work, inside and outside communication still needs perfecting. In a world of constant changes, Genesis Fresh seems to be staying up to date with all the novelties and setting trends in the development of customer service."
For more information:
Tel. +48 223783405
Author: Heather Wicks
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Amelie Aust promoted to Executive Chair of Fall Creek Board of Directors
- 2023-03-21 Campoejido inaugurated a new seedbed in Dalias
- 2023-03-21 Fruit and Vegetable Growers of Canada celebrates successful centennial annual general meeting
- 2023-03-21 The Pachino PGI consortium is McDonald's Italian official supplier
- 2023-03-21 Geia Food is expanding its footprint in Finland
- 2023-03-20 Salix Fruits opens new office in Egypt
- 2023-03-20 Belgian cooperative appoints general manager
- 2023-03-20 Dutch company expands sales team and adds exotics to its range
- 2023-03-20 PSA International reports strong financial results amid slight container drop
- 2023-03-17 California avocado company partners with the San Diego Padres
- 2023-03-16 South African food producer Libstar's annual earnings down
- 2023-03-16 IFPA takes industry insights international during Quarter 1
- 2023-03-16 Apple board at White House to discuss trade, ag labor
- 2023-03-16 Camposol's CEO makes Forbes Peru “23 of 23” list
- 2023-03-16 Naturipe Farms hires new director of premium products
- 2023-03-16 “We want to strengthen and expand the French small fruit production”
- 2023-03-16 Pelemix acquires Even-Ari Green
- 2023-03-16 “It's been one of the most difficult campaigns we've had"
- 2023-03-15 Gruppo Orsero achieved and exceeded guidance targets
- 2023-03-15 California Avocado Commission hires new VP marketing