- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
Top 5 - last month
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
AGC Frutas exports 'Original' papayas from Brazil into Europe
AGC is a leading company on the Brazilian national market, producing, packing and now exporting Papayas. The production of the company is more than 15.000 tons of the Papaya Original and 5.000 tons of Papaya Formosa. It is the biggest producer of the Original variety in Brazil and has a large presence in the national market. The company delivers, per week, an average of 250 tons of the Original Papaya and more than 85 tons of Formosa Papaya to the wholesale markets of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais and Espiríto Santo.
The Original variety is a small sized papaya (average 475 grams per piece). The difference between the Original variety and its close relative, the Golden Papaya, is its shape; less round than the Golden, and with a longer shelf life and resistance. The fruit develops a more yellow coloration during its ripening process and, at the full ripening stage, will resist alive for a longer period than the golden.
The company is also the most experienced commercial producer of the Original variety in Brazil. “While a few other growers started producing this year or last year, AGC has been producing the variety for more than 8 years, and have the experience to produce, pack and delivery the right quality to the clients. For that reason we named our brand Original Papaya because we are the original, first, commercial producer and provider of the Original variety in Brazil” – Mr Altenis Galavotti Carrareto.
In the last 2 years, based on the successful production, commercialization and differential of the Original Papaya Variety, the Market Share of AGC in the CEAGESP (Whole Sale Market of São Paulo), moved from 5% up to 70% among the small papayas market. That is a market of 15 million people.
Looking to the success of the variety at the local market, the company now sets foot in Europe. The company established a commercial base in the Netherlands, from where they will manage all sales and services into the European continent. “If this variety is working so well in Brazil, where the people are used to eating good quality and big quantities of papaya, we can only believe it will work great with the European consumers as well. Now we must focus on getting people to know our variety and product” – Says Mr Ayres Wehrmeister Junior, commercial agent of the company AGC Frutas in the Netherlands.
Agc Frutas Ltda. Located in São Mateus, Espirito Santo Linhares. (One of the main papayas production areas).
Ayres Wehrmeister Junior
Agc Frutas Ltda.
Mobile +31 (0) 683 574 721
Phone + 31 (0) 10 3048479
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 More dragon fruit from Ecuador breaks the market
- 2023-03-24 Rains damage 20,000 hectares of mangoes in NTR, Krishna and Eluru districts
- 2023-03-24 Record prices for the kaki from Ribera Alta
- 2023-03-24 "Kenya is a very powerful country that is increasingly present in the avocado market"
- 2023-03-24 Global avocado community heading to New Zealand
- 2023-03-24 Yucatan is first Mexican state to export mamey to Europe
- 2023-03-24 "Mango exports from Peru's Casma region drop heavily this week"
- 2023-03-24 Morocco may set a record in avocado exports, but the future of the industry is at risk
- 2023-03-24 Zespri forecasts drop of 15 million trays of kiwifruit this season
- 2023-03-24 “Our Alphonso farms have not been affected by rain as much as the Kesher farms”
- 2023-03-24 Thai durian exporter already blocked 100 containers before mid-April harvest start
- 2023-03-23 “Demand for Shiitake mushrooms dipped by the end of February”
- 2023-03-23 Brazil to authorize import of Mexican avocado before the end of 2023
- 2023-03-23 The sales of Peruvian mangoes remain fluid despite the economic context
- 2023-03-23 “We can count on Colombian avocados soon to be year-round”
- 2023-03-23 "First Tommy Atkins mangoes arrive on good market"
- 2023-03-23 Filipino durian growers content with export potential for their crop
- 2023-03-23 Indian mango exporters focus on Central Asia and US
- 2023-03-22 Johor: Durian prices might spike in upcoming season
- 2023-03-22 “The focus of Indian mango exporters is primarily on meeting the demand of international markets”