- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
"Hebei Champion Foodstuff: "export to EU weak since summer"
China: 40% jump Nashi pear production
The Netherlands and Belgium are pushing for developments of the Conference pear in China, which are slowly taking off. The slow start might have to do with the difference between traditional European pears such as the Bartlett, Conference and the Comice and Asian pear varieties. Nasi pears are crisp in texture and resemble apples in that they are ready to be eaten from the point that they are harvested. The fruit can be stored for up to six months and does not change texture after being picked or stored. European pears, on the contrary, are usually served soft and juicy and take about a week to ripen after removal from cold storage. Nashi pears are widely used in fresh juices during winter.
Nashi pears are grown in the North of China, in regions like Hebei, Shandong, Shanxi and Xinjiang. Most common Nashi varieties are the Su pear, Crown pear, Fengshui pear, Ya pear, Shinko pear, Yuanhuang pear and Fragrance pear. The harvest season runs from July until October, with a few early and late varieties.
For more information:
Hebei Champion Foodstuff
Phone: 0086 138331038850086 13833103885 (John Zhang)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Aartsen: "Our branding key to growth in Asia"
- 2022-11-25 “Triple jumbo code” cherries kick off the Chilean crop
- 2022-11-25 Seven pear varieties tie for first place in consumer trial
- 2022-11-25 Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
- 2022-11-25 The transporter's strike puts in check the transport of 25,000 tons of cherries in Chile
- 2022-11-25 New Zealand apple sales in China increase steadily every year
- 2022-11-25 Peruvian blueberry prices on world market lower despite 28% export growth
- 2022-11-25 Volume reduction of Chilean fresh blueberry exports less than projected
- 2022-11-25 Cape Town terminal exceeds weekly volumes as deciduous fruit season starts
- 2022-11-25 Chilean blueberries, a superfood consolidating in the world
- 2022-11-25 Joy Wing Mau celebrates first arrival of Chilean cherries by air
- 2022-11-25 Which will be the first Spanish supermarket chain to charge more for its apples?
- 2022-11-25 California Prune Board welcomes 0% tariffs on prune imports into the UK
- 2022-11-24 New Moroccan fruit exporters enter the European market
- 2022-11-24 Blackberries having a good year so far
- 2022-11-24 BC Tree Fruit growers force meeting over Lake Country plant closure
- 2022-11-24 Chilean cherry arrivals timed for early Chinese New Year's celebration
- 2022-11-24 Moldovan power outage had no severe impact on fruit packing operations
- 2022-11-24 "Quickly selling Gala and Golden Delicious could be good for stored apples like Jonagold"
- 2022-11-24 "Chinese cranberry production continues to increase"