- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
Top 5 -yesterday
- Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- "There is a high demand for large oranges and good quality clementines”
- Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
- South African exports feeling the squeeze
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Fresh Produce Exporters Forum
FPEF welcomes black-owned South African company
FPEF members account for approximately 90% of South Africa’s fruit exports. The FPEF is also a member of Fruit South Africa (FSA), together with the country’s four growers’ associations. This position strengthens the FPEF’s role of providing leadership and services to its members, the international buying community and the fresh fruit export industry as a whole.
"I am very happy that we have been accepted as a member of FPEF and we will do our best to positively contribute as a member,” said Malokisa “Evans” Nevondo, founder and Managing Director of Bono Farm Management. "We are grateful for this acceptance as we see this as recognition by our peers of our role in farming and exporting in South Africa, and an endorsement that will assist us open global markets for our harvests. The spin-off in increased profit as a result of more sales in global markets is great news for our farm beneficiaries and the farm workers, guaranteeing their prosperous future."
According to FPEF CEO, Anton Kruger, members of the forum enjoy a high level of credibility globally, due to the strict accreditation criteria and Code of Conduct with which they have to comply. "Bono had to be vetted and endorsed by at least two members to qualify for membership," he said. "I am pleased that they won the members’ vote and will now enjoy the full benefits of membership."
Bono Farm Management, a farm management and exporting company, manages a total of 10 farms in the Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Mpumalanga and Limpopo. "FPEF members benefit from activities such as continually increasing awareness of South African fresh fruit and efforts to gain market access for South African fruit - primarily crops such as Litchis, grapes and citrus," said Mr Nevondo.
Apart from the trade fairs, the FPEF creates opportunities for members to attend events and initiatives initiated by the dti, Wesgro, WC DoA as well as organize trade missions and distribute appropriate information within the industry globally.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-09 Leadership Class completes industry education program at NYPS
- 2022-12-09 Acquisition allows processor to expand fresh-cut apple slice distribution
- 2022-12-08 Supermarket Linella: "When it comes to quality, we don't compromise"
- 2022-12-08 Canadian industry champion announces retirement
- 2022-12-08 Sweden: Swegreen to install in-store farm at Ica Maxi Ängelholm
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 California Giant appoints Andy Rice
- 2022-12-07 USDA cites Florida distributor for PACA violations
- 2022-12-07 Produce company enters 16th season, shining spotlight on original team member
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 Belgian cooperatives represented on economic trade mission to Japan
- 2022-12-07 Online supermarket Oda raises NOK 1.5 billion
- 2022-12-07 Dublin fruit and veg trader celebrates 130 years
- 2022-12-06 Calavo partnering with Old El Paso
- 2022-12-06 Fyffes completes community needs assesments for LATAM
- 2022-12-06 Colombia Avocado Board brings on new board members
- 2022-12-06 "We're the first to market fruit grown without nitrate contamination for two consecutive years"
- 2022-12-06 France: Pomliberty welcomes Vitalis as a shareholder
- 2022-12-06 Lincolnshire agri-tech company moves to new location
- 2022-12-06 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals