- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- California avocado production forecast for 2023
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Sirane Mexico opens in heart of growing region
Simon Balderson, Sirane MD, said: “Mexico is the perfect place for Sirane to begin manufacturing. Certainly in soft-fruit terms, it is one of the world’s major producers, but geographically it is also quite a distance from many of its major export markets.
“This means shelf-life matters to the Mexican growers, and they understand its importance. They are very experienced and highly educated in this area, so it fits perfectly for us. The Mexican fruit export market has grown significantly in recent years following investment.
“I’ve visited the region myself, and found the growers to be very receptive to new technology, and keen to get involved. They are seriously excited by what we’re offering. By opening manufacturing in Mexico, Sirane will be able to offer better service and better technology to the region, whilst also gaining from their knowledge and expertise. The transport links will also connect us with major markets in Central and North America.”
Mexico’s soft-fruit industry is one of the largest in the world. Its temperature, height above sea-level and rainfall make growing conditions absolutely ideal. Vast quantities of fruit including strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries are exported to Europe, North America and even the Far East – making packaging vitally important.
Other regions of North and Central America are also significant exporters of fruit, and so Sirane Mexico will be in a good location to supply demand across the entire region.
Sirane offers a range of absorbent pads for fruit, including standard absorbency, absorbent ‘cushioned ‘ bubble pads, and our new Dri-Fresh ABV pads, which contain a blend of natural bio-flavonoids and organic acids which naturally enhance fruit’s own protective defences.
All of these products will be manufactured at the new 1,500 sq m unit in Guadalajara, in an innovation park where there is scope to expand the site as the Mexican business grows.
Sirane will be exhibiting at Fruit Logistica in Berlin from February 3-5, 2016. Our stand is B-09, Hall 8.2. Adam Green, president of Sirane North America, will be on the stand. Fruit Logistica, held every year in the German capital, is one of the world’s largest fruit trade shows – last year saw 2,700 exhibitors and 65,000 trade visitors from 135 countries.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan
- 2023-02-01 Arjen de Jong appointed director of Van Kempen Koudetechniek
- 2023-02-01 Bonduelle: Growth in activity fuelled by price increases
- 2023-02-01 Limoneira closes sale of its northern properties for $100 million
- 2023-02-01 ONE revenues and profits plunge in last quarter of 2022
- 2023-02-01 "We are aiming to expand our product range from 360 to 500 items in two years"
- 2023-02-01 "The availability of affordable heat is of vital importance"
- 2023-01-31 Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- 2023-01-31 Washington apple industry veteran dies at 89 years
- 2023-01-31 Hapag-Lloyd achieves strong result in its anniversary year 2022
- 2023-01-31 Calavo Growers Inc. appoints CEO Brian Kocher as member of the Board of Directors
- 2023-01-31 Dutch company opens new warehouse
- 2023-01-30 Sealand will transition to a single, unified brand under Maersk
- 2023-01-30 Pure Flavor brings on industry veteran Joe Sbrocchi
- 2023-01-30 Fruit importer-exporter reflects on 2022
- 2023-01-27 Sunrise Fresh appoints Greg Wilson