- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
The EC to establish stabilization mechanism for Ecuadorian bananas
"This commitment will benefit Ecuador, it will help develop their economy, and we will closely monitor that it is applied in terms of human and labor rights, sustainable development, and a stabilization mechanism for bananas," said Malmström during a debate in Parliament.
The European Parliament will vote on Thursday on the accession of Ecuador to the trade agreement that the European bloc has in force with Colombia and Peru.
The MEPs stressed they needed to regulate the effects that this agreement might have on European agriculture, particularly in the banana production in the Canaries, which concentrate a production of 364,257 tons.
Gabriel Mato stressed that "this agreement cannot become a threat for the already weakened EU banana sector, as exports grow proportionally to the decrease in tariffs."
He called for compensation for commercial growers who were concerned that there can be a massive inflow of bananas from Ecuador.
In turn, Ramón Jáuregui said that this agreement was politically and commercially necessary and fundamental for the country’s future exports.
Izaskun Bilbao said the accession would provide tangible benefits and that it was "a political tool that will contribute to peace, stability and progress in the region."
In 2014, Ecuador resumed talks for a trade agreement with the EU, after it had withdrawn itself from the negotiating table in 2009 to achieving an agreement tailored to their needs.
Peru and Colombia already achieved an agreement with the bloc and it is already in force.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Pakistan only contributes 0.5% to international banana market
- 2022-12-01 Growers laud Taiwan for Banana Revitalisation Project
- 2022-12-01 Bangladesh: Tk 85.5 mln worth of gold dug up in banana orchard
- 2022-11-30 The price of Vietnamese bananas doubles after Chinese market opens
- 2022-11-30 Ecuador exported 34.1 million fewer boxes of bananas up to October 2022
- 2022-11-30 Pakistan: Banana growers enthusiastic about cooperation with Chinese researchers
- 2022-11-29 JP Farms to take legal action against fake 'Jamaican bananas' found in Canada
- 2022-11-29 ACIAR launches project to prevent spread of Fusarium wilt in bananas
- 2022-11-29 Bananas from Belize at £0.88
- 2022-11-29 Deliveroo: Bananas were most-ordered takeaway dish of 2022 in Manchester
- 2022-11-28 EU saw 4.228.169 tons of bananas being supplied in 2021
- 2022-11-28 Ghana: Kpong Left Bank Irrigation Project sets up banana plantation
- 2022-11-25 Politician files Bill intent on revitalizing and strengthening banana industry
- 2022-11-24 Banana consumption in Uzbekistan is increasing fast
- 2022-11-24 Growers are focusing on boosting banana production
- 2022-11-23 Russia-Latin America shipping negotiations focus on banana supplies
- 2022-11-22 Researchers discover a repellent compound against the banana black weevil
- 2022-11-22 Bananas from Belize sold for £0.88 in UK
- 2022-11-22 China's October banana imports are down 13.91% month-on-month
- 2022-11-21 Banana of Guadeloupe & Martinique: new collective packing stations