- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
"Starry, starry night...an affair to remember!"
OPMA Gala deemed success
The OPMA Fresh Award was presented to a very deserving young man under forty, Julian Sarraino, who, according to the association, "demonstrated an ability to be innovative, passionate and dedicated towards the produce industry in the past year, by consistently exhibiting a fervent determination to improve the quality, distribution and consumption of fruit and vegetables in Ontario. Julian is a calm, confident and gracious produce industry leader whose nature is rooted in the spirit of partnership and is respected by produce professionals throughout the entire value chain."
The OPMA Outstanding Achievement Award was presented to Wonderful sales™, for their "efforts to support the food retail environment with innovative displays, great point of sale materials, eye catching packaging, and excellent value-add for the consumer. In addition to their efforts to help grow categories in-store, the hard work of their entire merchandising team led by Chris Cockle, Vice President of Wonderful sales™ in Canada, has demonstrated their commitment to the Ontario and Canadian produce marketplace."
The OPMA Cory Clack-Streef Produce Person of the Year was bestowed upon the Senior VP for No Frills and Produce Procurement, Mike Venton, for demonstrating leadership regarding the re-engineering of how Loblaw Companies viewed and managed produce. The “Grown Close To Home” marketing program was developed based on his initiative and is still in place today celebrating Loblaw’s commitment to “Local Growers”.
The DRC [Dispute Resolution Corporation] honoured the OPMA’s very own Ian MacKenzie for his contribution to the formation of the DRC with his input from his years of historical accuracy, his policy insights, direction and vision, as well as his continued support lending his time and talents to the success of the DRC.
Ian MacKenzie accepting his lifetime achievement award from Fred Webber from the DRC.
The OPMA Lifetime Achievement Award honoured, Ian MacKenzie, the OPMA whose "plus 40 years of dedication to the produce industry is unmatched and demonstrated by the endless hours, tremendous energy and enthusiasm put forth to assist members of the entire supply chain solve issues and problems for the betterment of the Canadian produce industry and in turn, the consuming public. The industry could always count on Ian to be there, offering his experience and expertise. He has played a key role in building the produce industry into a true value-chain environment."
For more information visit www.theopma.ca.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Asia Fruit Logistica heads back to Hong Kong
- 2022-11-28 Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA