- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Demand for blueberries grows in Asia
Supply from Chile and Argentina is quite late in arriving in Asia because of climate conditions in South America,” said Andres Armstrong of the Chilean Blueberry Commission. “Chile is slowly recovering volumes and growing in supply every week, but there is not enough fruit in the Asian market.” China and South Korea are the main markets in Asia, and that's where there is still limited market access to South American blueberries.
“With growing demand and limited supplies, prices will go up,” said Andres. He added that prices are also rising in several other global markets, though the euro exchange rate has made Europe a not so attractive option for export.
For more information:
Chilean Blueberry Committee
Tel: +56 224 724 783
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 This year's first of Qingpu District strawberries are hitting the market
- 2022-11-30 New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- 2022-11-30 Apples worth Rs 500 million exported from Mustang district
- 2022-11-30 'Indian banana exports can increase four-fold'
- 2022-11-30 Changing climate: Not all bad news for Maine blueberry growers
- 2022-11-30 Argentinian blueberry exports decrease as the world's blueberry consumption increases
- 2022-11-30 "Effect of lower Dutch strawberry supply is being felt; Egyptian ones in greater demand as that season starts"
- 2022-11-30 French pears remain very popular despite the drop in purchasing power
- 2022-11-30 "Brightly colored fruits are more acceptable in the market"
- 2022-11-30 Total global blueberry shipments from Argentina at 4.228 tons until now
- 2022-11-30 Australia: Alpine apple crop is looking good
- 2022-11-30 Five containers of Moldovan apples ready to ship to India – Moldova Fruct
- 2022-11-30 How to reverse the downward trend of the Piel de Sapo melon
- 2022-11-30 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-11-30 Unexpected result of blackout in the apple sector of Moldova
- 2022-11-30 2022 North America cranberry crop offers modest improvements over 2021’s crop
- 2022-11-30 Good volumes of NZ cherries for for Lunar New Year
- 2022-11-29 Seedless varieties of table grapes are being prepared for planting in Uzbekistan
- 2022-11-29 'SA area planted under cherries could expand by 90% in the next five to six years'
- 2022-11-29 “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”