- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
India: First Nagpur orange export to Sri Lanka
The Nagpur mandarin, although considered a good variety, was not considered viable for the food processing industry due to bitterness caused by the seeds, but Citrus India, the Indian subsidiary of Swiss giant Citrus International (CI), has the technology to overcome the problem, sources said.
“We have been making efforts to export the Nagpur orange, considered the best by many, without much success. The only experiment by late Vasudeorao Deshpande from Varud in Amravati district about 15 years ago did not make any headway. Meanwhile, a few years ago, the state government set up the Karanja centre that never worked. But with Gadkari and State Co-operatives Minister Chandrakant Patil taking the lead, it was restarted. We sent the first consignment of 26 tonnes,” Shridhar Thakre, Executive Director of Maha Orange, a federation of orange co-operatives in the region, told The Indian Express.
The state government has handed over the Karanja export centre to Maha Orange to operate.
“The centre cooled the oranges to six degrees Celsius and wax-coated them and stored them in a container at a cooling facility. The consignment sailed from Mumbai on November 14, and is expected to reach Sri Lanka on November 18. We plan on sending five more containers,” Thakre said. According to Thakre, Lanka gets kinos (a citrus fruit variety) from Pakistan.
“We have sent samples to countries like Dubai, Bahrain and Singapore and expect a favourable response,” he said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Northern Hemisphere Citrus Forecast shows significant drop in citrus production
- 2022-12-01 Castellon's Clemenules campaign will end in mid-December
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters lower prices by 5%
- 2022-12-01 Egyptian citrus exporters seek new markets
- 2022-11-30 Nepal: Syangja growers witness increased orange production
- 2022-11-30 Consum will only sell oranges and mandarins with Cítricos Valencianos PGI November to the end of April
- 2022-11-30 "Excellent citrus sales, hardly any large oranges in Spain"
- 2022-11-30 Portuguese origin is gaining ground
- 2022-11-30 "The overall price of Jinqiu Tangerines is slightly higher than in previous years"
- 2022-11-30 "Grapes and clementines are always in high demand around year's end"
- 2022-11-30 UK suspends tariffs on fruit juices
- 2022-11-30 "Good volume availability for lemons and clementines, plump oranges in short supply"
- 2022-11-29 Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
- 2022-11-28 Ghanaian citrus growers perturbed by black spot disease
- 2022-11-28 Castellon's citrus exports are growing thanks to the fall in production in Italy
- 2022-11-28 France: green clementines for the holiday season
- 2022-11-28 DaVida, the new BIO+ and CO2 neutral brand of citrus fruit to give the organic market a push
- 2022-11-28 First supplies of Limoré to become available soon
- 2022-11-28 South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- 2022-11-28 Louisiana scientists work to grow citrus indoors