- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
British Royal family pays visit to OzHarvest HQ
HRH with OzHarvest staff.
In a warehouse hidden away in the industrial suburbs of Alexandria in Sydney Australia, The Duchess arrived at the Alexandria Industrial Goodman Estate, greeted by the OzHarvest family including OzHarvest CEO & Founder, Ronni Kahn along with many staff and volunteers dressed in their distinct bright yellow as well as Ambassador chefs and supporters.
During the visit, The Duchess, along with Mrs Kerryn Baird, wife of NSW Premier The Hon Mike Baird, was shown the unique space, where OzHarvest’s purpose to nourish Australia, comes to life through food rescue, nutrition education and community engagement programs.
The Duchess witnessed in action OzHarvest’s flagship Cooking for a Cause program where volunteers prepare meals delivered to people in need, using rescued ingredients.
During the class she expressed that her husband, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales’ was quite fond of Bread and Butter Pudding and mentioned that he may just like to try the classic English dessert. OzHarvest hand delivered a tray made using rescued ingredients including croissants, almonds, dried cranberries and apricots to their residence that afternoon.
Royal bread and butter pudding delivery with Marla Minow and OzHarvest Driver Paul Keane.
Her Royal Highness chose to visit OzHarvest for their work in food rescue and food security, having saved more than 14 million kilos of food from ending up in landfill and delivering more than 40 million meals to people in need across Australia.
OzHarvest developed a national Nutrition Education Sustenance Training (NEST) program to help improve nutrition and eating habits of vulnerable Australians and more recently established a hospitality and training program for disadvantaged youth, Nourish.
During the visit, The Duchess met with young Nourish students from troubled backgrounds changing their lives through the Nourish program and thanked more than 100 OzHarvest supporters who were present at the distinguished occasion for their passion, dedication and commitment to improving the environment and helping those less fortunate in the community.
Ronni Kahn and the Royal bread and butter pudding.
The Duchess was also offered a taste of “rescued” food, made from ingredients otherwise destined for landfill, transformed into beautiful dishes by volunteers, and visited OzHarvest’s Good+Harvest community garden which volunteers tended to.
Founder and CEO of OzHarvest, Ronni Kahn, said the OzHarvest family was so inspired by the visit and the organisation was touched to have been selected as a place to visit.
For more information:
Tel: +61 2 9516 3877
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame