- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Jinan Haijiang Trading expands foreign trade
China: strong demand for import bananas
Haijiang is one of the biggest vegetable exporters in Shandong Province. Besides Filipino bananas the company also imports kiwis from New Zealand and Chile, and apples from the US. The company runs its own vegetable plantations in Shandong province and, additionally, acquires fruit and vegetables from local farmers. “We focus on quality control and have installed advanced cool storage systems. We can ensure our products are delivered on time and in a good state”.
“We import and export garlic, apple, pear, pomelo, ginger, potato, carrot, onion, chestnut and peanuts. Vegetables form our main business within China, accounting for 60% of our total annual trade volume."
Xiuli Zhou, Ji Sheng Zhong, Jing Qu and Min Fang You at Asia Fruit Logistica
Apples and garlic form the biggest export products. “We have two newly installed garlic processing facilities that cover an area of 8,000 squary meters. In addition, our cold storage can hold up to 10,000 ton of garlic. We export garlic to South America, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Our apples are exported to the Middle East and Eastern Europe”.
Mr. Shi Lihua
Jining Haijiang Trading
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 The price of Vietnamese bananas doubles after Chinese market opens
- 2022-11-30 Ecuador exported 34.1 million fewer boxes of bananas up to October 2022
- 2022-11-30 Pakistan: Banana growers enthusiastic about cooperation with Chinese researchers
- 2022-11-29 JP Farms to take legal action against fake 'Jamaican bananas' found in Canada
- 2022-11-29 ACIAR launches project to prevent spread of Fusarium wilt in bananas
- 2022-11-29 Bananas from Belize at £0.88
- 2022-11-29 Deliveroo: Bananas were most-ordered takeaway dish of 2022 in Manchester
- 2022-11-28 EU saw 4.228.169 tons of bananas being supplied in 2021
- 2022-11-28 Ghana: Kpong Left Bank Irrigation Project sets up banana plantation
- 2022-11-25 Politician files Bill intent on revitalizing and strengthening banana industry
- 2022-11-24 Banana consumption in Uzbekistan is increasing fast
- 2022-11-24 Growers are focusing on boosting banana production
- 2022-11-23 Russia-Latin America shipping negotiations focus on banana supplies
- 2022-11-22 Researchers discover a repellent compound against the banana black weevil
- 2022-11-22 Bananas from Belize sold for £0.88 in UK
- 2022-11-22 China's October banana imports are down 13.91% month-on-month
- 2022-11-21 Banana of Guadeloupe & Martinique: new collective packing stations
- 2022-11-21 Uzbekistan extends zero rates on banana and citrus imports
- 2022-11-18 "Recovering the market share lost to imported bananas will only be possible with lower prices"
- 2022-11-18 "Far fewer bananas to arrive in Europe"