- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Zespri’s inaugural Kiwifruit Innovation Symposium
Sir Brian Elwood awarded Fresh Carriers Hayward Medal
Paul Jones is chairman of the Kiwifruit Industry Advisory Committee, Zespri director and chairman of the Hayward Medal judging panel, and he explains that Sir Brian’s legacy is the way in which the Kiwifruit Regulations have been administered to the overall benefit of NZ growers and suppliers.
“Sir Brian has a very fine legal mind. The Kiwifruit Regulations call on KNZ to exercise extensive judgement and discretion in their administration and Sir Brian’s thorough, meticulous analysis and vast experience has served the industry well,” says Mr Jones.
Under Sir Brian’s leadership, significant changes were made within KNZ to strengthen the decision-making process and make the regulator more accountable and transparent to growers and industry.
In his acceptance speech, Sir Brian said the evidence showed the kiwifruit industry had succeeded in achieving a world-leading position in kiwifruit production and marketing, and “survived good times and not-so good times, been innovative and generally financially successful for participants and the New Zealand economy. An absolutely enviable achievement.”
Sir Brian also noted the competitive nature of the industry with multiple independent growers, competition between vibrant, competing supply entities, and the ability to authorise exporters other than Zespri.
During Sir Brian’s tenure, KNZ has considered over 300 collaborative marketing applications. The success rate of collaborative marketing has increased, with 93 percent of applications approved over the past five years, up from 87 percent for the previous five-year period (2005–2010).
For more information:
Tel: +64 027 509 1805
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors