- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Mexico: Agreement to release and certify Zitacuaro’s avocado
Herrera highlighted the importance of this action and stated that this process would have a positive impact on future generations of the municipalities neighboring Michoacan and Mexico State. "It will allow us to give a very important step to consolidate a regional power," said Herrera Tello referring to the long-term impact of this process.
Similarly, he emphasized that, with the signing of this agreement, they were building the future way of conducting agribusiness in the municipality and in the region. He stressed that they would boost their economy by strengthening the primary sector and tourism.
He recalled that the agreement’s potential beneficiaries were the nearly eight thousand producers in the region, independent of the size of their land -from small backyard gardens to large tracts of land. The future certification and export of avocado will have an impact on the creation of thousands of direct and indirect jobs.
The signing of the agreement marks the beginning of the work to combat the quarantine pests plaguing avocado plants with specific technical assistance for this purpose, human resources, and a strong marketing campaign to punctually inform all producers what steps to take and the benefits of the process so that the municipality meets its goal.
Rito Mendoza Medina, chairman of the State Committee on Plant Health, stated that Carlos Herrera had been interested in working hand in hand with producers since the early days of his government.
Arturo Espinoza Maceda, representative of the Avocado Product System; Arturo Chavez, head of plant health from SAGARPA in Michoacan; Miguel Hernandez Aguilar, president of the Local Board of Plant Health; municipal treasurer, Bernardo Dorantes Razo; the holder of Sustainable Rural Development, Rigoberto Gomez Fuentes; as well as councillors and producers, witnessed the signing of this agreement.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Wet weather and late start not putting a dampener on Honey Gold season
- 2022-11-25 Organic ginger from a Dutch greenhouse
- 2022-11-25 Productive Maluma avocado grown in Israel, on its way to EU, Cyprus and Turkey
- 2022-11-25 October export volume of ginger was still declining, no significant increase in average export price
- 2022-11-25 Senegalese mango exports decrease
- 2022-11-25 Zespri releases November 2022/23 forecast
- 2022-11-25 Uzbekistan exported more than 45,000 tons of persimmon in 10 months
- 2022-11-25 Alanya district farmers have started to grow mangoes
- 2022-11-25 New Mohan railway checkpoint in Yunnan will be opened in early December
- 2022-11-25 2022 was a successful year for Vietnam’s agri exports
- 2022-11-24 Retailer spotlights seasonal Mexican drink
- 2022-11-24 Improving mango shelf-life with Neem oil
- 2022-11-24 Italy takes advantage of the lack of Spanish persimmon production
- 2022-11-24 “Jammu farmers should increase diversification of crops”
- 2022-11-23 Lull in U.S. lychee market makes way for South African fruit
- 2022-11-23 Malaga company awarded Innovative Initiative award
- 2022-11-23 "Due to lower production, our sales have remained stable during the entire pomegranate season"
- 2022-11-23 Mexican town sets Guinness World Record for largest batch of guacamole ever
- 2022-11-23 “We took up the challenge of restarting production of organic avocados in Corsica”
- 2022-11-23 "Dragons Claw mushrooms give chefs a new challenge"