- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
NatureFresh Farms with living greenhouse at PMA
“We understand customer buying habits are changing and we need to adapt to that”, said Ray Wowryk, Director of Business Development. The company has developed a destination experience in their booth at Fresh Summit complete with a living greenhouse system, product merchandising solutions, and a sensory experience with NatureFresh™ Corporate Chef Henry Furtado & his TomPopper™ Bar.
With the recent success of the company’s Greenhouse Education Center, NatureFresh™ has built a new, completely automated micro greenhouse for Fresh
Summit. Equipped with all functioning aspects of a typical NatureFresh™
greenhouse with cherry tomato plants, the micro version features a Bumble Bee
Eco-System, irrigation, venting, and energy curtain system. The micro-greenhouse is also equipped with iPad’s featuring the new NatureFresh™ App (available on
iTunes) that contain more than 20 promotional videos. Video topics, narrated by
NatureFresh™ employees, focus on the various aspects of the company’s
Product merchandising will be one of the focal points of the NatureFresh™ booth
with innovative display systems that give more autonomy to the consumer to hand
select the product they desire. The TomBar™, built as a self-serve concept, gives
consumers the ability to hand select up to 12 different tomato varieties at any given time. The second unit, The Grape Tomato Machine, allows consumers to select from 3 unique grape tomato varieties, in a gumball machine type concept. “These type of solutions give a fresh opportunity to the customer to pick the color, type, and quantity they need“, commented Wowryk.
“In just a few months, consumers will be able to eat Ohio grown tomatoes that will
come from our new greenhouse facility in Delta, OH”, said Chris Veillon, Director of
Marketing. With the first crop to be planted in November, NatureFresh™ will be
unveiling its new OhioRed™ Tomato brand at Fresh Summit.
Off the trade show floor, NatureFresh™ has been named a Finalist in the PMA
Sensory Experience Contest that takes place on Friday, October 23rd.
NatureFresh™ Corporate Chef Henry Furtado will be on site during the contest to
prepare his version of a Fresh Caprese Wrap. Furtado will be serving fresh recipes
throughout the weekend at the company’s booth.
To learn more about NatureFresh™ Farms, please visit Booth 4785 at PMA Fresh
Summit in Atlanta, October 24-25.
For more information: www.naturefresh.ca
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit