- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Fruitylife project comes to end Jan. 2015
To provide consumers with direct information about the quality of fresh European products from a protected production chain that is monitored in each phase, during the last three years, the project created information and promotional campaigns involving ad hoc stands set up in the fruit and vegetable departments of selected points of sale. The 828 activities that took place in the first year increased to 970 in the second year and 1,060 in the last year, which will end in January 2015. These activities were conducted in Italian (Coop Adriatica, In’S Mercato, Cedi Marche, Poli Supermercati, Fratelli Arena, Sait, Vega, LD Market, Realco) and French (Casinò Group) retail outlets, specialised organic supermarkets in France and Italian commercial restaurants (Cir Food and Camst).
The stands were set up using materials showing the slogan “Fruit and vegetables, your daily dose of health”; posters with attractive graphics which were fun and unique, designed to promote the use of fruit and vegetables in consumers' every day diets. The posters were accompanied by circular hanging displays to help identify seasonal fruit and vegetables and information brochures on the main themes of the project, which are: traceability, the system of controls, food safety, eco-compatible production methods and seasonality.
These activities were organised thanks to the participation of five Alimos partner companies that are directly involved in the program: Alegra, Apofruit Italia, Conor, Naturitalia and Orogel Fresco.
According to the participating companies, the promotion and information initiatives helped raise consumers' level of interest and awareness of fruit and vegetables, leading them to buy more produce and with greater awareness, as shown by sales results.
“Activities in points of sale give us the chance to talk to consumers right at the time of purchase, when they are particularly interested, receptive and attentive to information about the products that they are about to buy”, explained Gianluca Casadio, marketing manager at Apofruit.
For more information:
Tel: +39 02 87188020
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building