- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Consumers let off steam with KM Packaging
The new film is manufactured in the UK, where KM is also based, and is compatible with polypropylene trays, a product with which the company has worked for many years. The development of the steam venting film has been driven by consumer demand for added value features in oven meals and snacks.
The new film can be supplied as peel seal or weld seal, with or without KM’s anti-fog – a range of innovative treatments headed by market-leading flagship product KM Klarity. In addition, a high oxygen barrier is available, where venting holes in the film are coated to prevent air getting in or out, hermetically sealing the tray. On heating in a microwave oven, the coating softens to facilitate ventilation. Alternatively, pepper pot holes can be created in the centre of the lid, allowing steam to escape but keeping the seal intact. In fact, the hole cluster can be placed in virtually any specific position on the lid, depending on the contents of the tray and the desired ventilation effect – and can even extend to several hole clusters on one lid.
KM Packaging’s Commercial Director Graham Holding explained: “Steam venting in itself is not new but we have worked very hard to produce innovative products that maximise the benefits of the process without compromising the products that the film is designed to protect. Our new steam venting film not only helps to maintain the freshness of frozen or chilled ready meals, but also encourages faster cooking. It’s not just for lidding either – we can also supply roll-fed bags for vegetables, and any of the films can be printed to promote branding whilst saving on unnecessary additional packaging.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 01832 274944
Fax: +44 01832 274898
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-05 Dole Sunshine company takes poor snacking habits to task with 'malnutrition labels'
- 2022-10-04 Post-harvest solutions in the spotlight at Fruit Attraction
- 2022-10-03 "Our anti-fog controlled-atmosphere packaging is dedicated to reducing waste in the production chain"
- 2022-10-03 The Spanish wood packaging federation launches a new more direct and vindicating campaign in networks
- 2022-10-03 Cronogard - new technology for the packaging sector
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-30 "Grocery sustainability metrics have the potential to redefine the role of food packaging"
- 2022-09-29 Small quantities of fruit in environment-friendly packaging is a global trend
- 2022-09-29 "Sustainable solutions that solve logistical and waste issues in the agri-food industry"
- 2022-09-29 New packaging solutions for the global market
- 2022-09-27 Produce supplier partners with National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
- 2022-09-27 A unique launch in the paper packaging arena
- 2022-09-27 €140 million until 2025 to reduce the use of plastic and improve plastic waste management
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-20 Spain's food sector still has doubts about plastic tax
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-19 Reducing environmental impact with customer-designed packaging
- 2022-09-09 Exploring sustainable packaging solutions with 'nakedpak' food wrap made of algae
- 2022-09-08 Packaged fresh fruits market revenue will grow 5.5% from 2021 to 2031
- 2022-09-07 ALDI UK signs long-term agreement with Euro Pool System on returnable packaging equipment