- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
SUNSET® Named Home Grown Favorite!
At the 20th Annual Business Excellence Awards, the Leamington Chamber of Commerce selected standout companies that were nominated for categories ranging from Innovation to Youth Excellence to Agriculture. SUNSET® was nominated for the Home Grown category, which focuses on research and development, innovative marketing and food safety in the agricultural sector.
“We’re very honoured to have been chosen as Leamington’s Best Agricultural Business,
especially in an area full of experienced growers,” stated CEO Paul Mastronardi. “It’s extremely rewarding to be recognized in our community, which we are so grateful to be a part of.”
This past year, the company came forward to sponsor the Leamington Tomato Festival, a longstanding tradition for the town.
“This year was an important one for the community and SUNSET® truly stepped up to the plate to become the official sponsor of the Leamington Tomato Festival,” said Wendy Parsons, General Manager of the Leamington District Chamber of Commerce. “Not only does SUNSET® lead the industry but they’re leaders in our community as well. Whether it’s healthy snacks at local schools or supporting the MS Society, SUNSET® is always involved.”
In addition to sponsoring the SUNSET® Leamington Tomato Festival, the company has also joined the Chamber of Commerce and is participating in the Leamington Christmas parade, which will be held November 29th.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects