Taylor Farms, North America’s largest producer of value-added produce to the foodservice industry, has once again been recognized for its commitment to the highest levels of food safety. At the Safe Quality Food International Conference in Orlando, Florida Taylor Farms was honoured as the SQFI Primary Producer of the Year.
The SQF Quality Achievement Awards Program pays tribute to the outstanding commitment, support and performance of individuals and organizations who contribute to endorsing and improving the SQFI and its rigorous certification process. The Safe Quality Food Institute is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is designed to reassure consumers that stringent food safety practices are integrated into every step of the food processing chain.
Taylor Farms is an established leader in food safety, not only adhering to the strict protocols outlined by SQFI certification, but also implementing the revolutionary SmartWash Solutions food safety and process control system in all Taylor Farms facilities. All products are subject to a multi-stage wash featuring SmartWash, which is the most advanced, proven system to eliminate bacterial cross contamination. “There is no higher priority for Taylor farms than food safety,” says Jason Kawata, Director of Quality Assurance for Taylor Farms. “We are committed to the highest levels of food safety day in and day out, and it’s an honour to be recognized for those efforts. We want all of our customers to know there is no compromising when it comes to food safety.” Kawata and other members of the Taylor Farms team were in Orlando to accept the award.
The Safe Quality Food International Conference is designed and developed by professional peers in the food safety industry. It provides current and prospective SQF users a unique and valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and skills to strengthen their food safety and food quality assurance programs, collaborate and connect with people who speak their language and enhance their professional careers.
Taylor Farms is North America’s largest supplier of value-added fresh produce to the food industry. A family owned company headquartered in Salinas, California with seven strategically located regional processing facilities across the country and in Mexico. Taylor Farms was also honoured with the 12th annual Food Quality Award presented by DuPont and Food Quality magazine in 2013.
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Amelie Aust promoted to Executive Chair of Fall Creek Board of Directors
- 2023-03-21 Campoejido inaugurated a new seedbed in Dalias
- 2023-03-21 Fruit and Vegetable Growers of Canada celebrates successful centennial annual general meeting
- 2023-03-21 The Pachino PGI consortium is McDonald's Italian official supplier
- 2023-03-21 Geia Food is expanding its footprint in Finland
- 2023-03-20 Salix Fruits opens new office in Egypt
- 2023-03-20 Belgian cooperative appoints general manager
- 2023-03-20 Dutch company expands sales team and adds exotics to its range
- 2023-03-20 PSA International reports strong financial results amid slight container drop
- 2023-03-17 California avocado company partners with the San Diego Padres
- 2023-03-16 South African food producer Libstar's annual earnings down
- 2023-03-16 IFPA takes industry insights international during Quarter 1
- 2023-03-16 Apple board at White House to discuss trade, ag labor
- 2023-03-16 Camposol's CEO makes Forbes Peru “23 of 23” list
- 2023-03-16 Naturipe Farms hires new director of premium products
- 2023-03-16 “We want to strengthen and expand the French small fruit production”
- 2023-03-16 Pelemix acquires Even-Ari Green
- 2023-03-16 “It's been one of the most difficult campaigns we've had"
- 2023-03-15 Gruppo Orsero achieved and exceeded guidance targets
- 2023-03-15 California Avocado Commission hires new VP marketing