- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Nathalie Sebrechts, Groothandel Sebrechts:
"EU: "Soft fruit stays best seller for the holidays"
White mushroom remains popular
"Regarding sales, it is going a little slower and is a bit more difficult than last year," says Roger. "Although the wild mushrooms are generally less expensive than in 2011, less are being sold. The crisis is one of the possible causes. This year, the production is high and therefore the prices at a lower level. As far as the quality is concerned we and our customers are very satisfied. As for the holidays in terms of wild mushrooms the mini-shiitake, girolle and Chantarelle are the most popular. Yet the traditional white mushroom is and remains the most popular. Expectations for the holidays are positive. The orders coming in nicely."
Nathalie says that this year's everyday way of cooking is a real trendsetter. "People want to be in the kitchen themselves. This is also due to the many cooking programs in the media. Home cooking also means fresh fruit and vegetable purchases. Fresh herbs in pots, such as Basil, Chives, Coriander and Rosemary, are very well bought and the various sprounting vegetables. Coloured leaf salads like Lollo Bionda and Lollo Rossa have good demand. As for the fruit department, soft fruit is a best seller during the holidays. Belgian strawberries are currently on the rise, but also a first for the holidays. Other products that are in demand, are lychees, French kiwis and of course Spanish citrus."
"Fruit and vegetable wholesaler Sebrechts wishes everyone happy Holidays!"
For more information:
+32 (0)3 237 41 92
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- 2022-12-06 Farm share of U.S. food dollar reached historic low in 2021
- 2022-12-06 Costa Rican agriculture sector struggles with little support
- 2022-12-06 Rising imports, personnel shortages and increased expansion
- 2022-12-06 48% of adults in Luxembourg don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables
- 2022-12-06 WRAP reveals edible food waste reductions but urges UK industry to accelerate progress
- 2022-12-06 CBI helps Jordanian fresh fruit and vegetable producers enter new markets
- 2022-12-06 Kenyan Ministry of Agriculture wants 16% VAT on veg seeds abolished
- 2022-12-06 Pacific North West farmers having to protect crops from extreme heat
- 2022-12-06 Farmers market flourish in US
- 2022-12-06 Prices for fruit and vegetables are set to keep rising until they peak in mid-December
- 2022-12-06 Costa Rican government to install scanners at ports and airports in 2023
- 2022-12-05 Fresh produce exports from South Africa to US to increase as airline increases flights
- 2022-12-05 Nigeria: Bridging the knowledge gap in protected cropping
- 2022-12-05 IFPA releases The Year in Review 2022
- 2022-12-05 "The agricultural sector continues to be paid prices that are far from offering them a minimum return"
- 2022-12-05 "Prices have not yet risen as dramatically as we are often hearing in the media"
- 2022-12-05 India's Telangana now surplus fruit production state
- 2022-12-05 Egypt's Ismailia sees over $223 million of agricultural exports in 2022
- 2022-12-05 China buys more Vietnamese fruit for Lunar New Year