- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Chile: Weather continues to throw problems at blueberry harvest
According to the Chilean Blueberry Committee once the weather improves a new report is planned that will detail the effects that it will have had on exports.
6.191 tons were exported in total in week 50, which means a total export of 18,217 tons so far this season. This is 15% lower than last year and 7% less than earlier predictions.
Lower volumes are expected for week 51 also. Originally 7,300 tons had been planned, but this has now been downgraded to 6,500 tons.
The poor weather has encouraged fresh consumption so far, as it is produce destined for freezing that as been overwhelmingly affected, though this is expected to shift soon.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Grape consumption helps counter UV damage to skin
- 2022-12-01 Moroccan table grape grower transitions to new varieties
- 2022-12-01 New technology enables real-time monitoring to determine the quality of the coveted Chilean fruit
- 2022-12-01 "There are efforts from all the actors and a common view of the country to improve logistics this season"
- 2022-12-01 Twenty years of research leads to three new apricot varieties
- 2022-12-01 Woolworths responds to customer’s outrage over watermelon pricing
- 2022-12-01 Wet weather affects Victorian cherry and berry season
- 2022-12-01 Egypt to allow the supply of grapes and cherries from Uzbekistan
- 2022-11-30 This year's first of Qingpu District strawberries are hitting the market
- 2022-11-30 New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- 2022-11-30 Apples worth Rs 500 million exported from Mustang district
- 2022-11-30 'Indian banana exports can increase four-fold'
- 2022-11-30 Changing climate: Not all bad news for Maine blueberry growers
- 2022-11-30 Argentinian blueberry exports decrease as the world's blueberry consumption increases
- 2022-11-30 "Effect of lower Dutch strawberry supply is being felt; Egyptian ones in greater demand as that season starts"
- 2022-11-30 French pears remain very popular despite the drop in purchasing power
- 2022-11-30 "Brightly colored fruits are more acceptable in the market"
- 2022-11-30 Total global blueberry shipments from Argentina at 4.228 tons until now
- 2022-11-30 Australia: Alpine apple crop is looking good
- 2022-11-30 Five containers of Moldovan apples ready to ship to India – Moldova Fruct