- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Acquisition creates multiple synergies for Cool Fresh International
Netherlands: Agrocap Invest strengthens position with acquisition of Saphir
The parties recently decided to fast-track the plans which have been on the drawing board since 2011, and a decision was made to effectuate this as per 1 January 2013. The age and future personal plans of Hans Oosterman, the current owner of Saphir BVplayed a prominent role in this decision. Cornee de Kluyver of the consultancy firm Krüger & Partners from Rotterdam advised Saphir during the acquisition process.
Johan in 't Veld, CEO of Agrocap Invest reveals that this pooling of products, assets and skills constitutes an appropriate response to developments in the fresh produce industry. He states that increasing the added value in the fresh produce supply chain is key to the growth of AgroCap. In addition, the product and client mix of Saphir is a perfect addition to the existing commercial activities of the AgroCap Group.
According to In t Veld, the dynamics in the industry calls for combined solutions. “New business models based on a joining of forces, in conjunction with competent professionals, can create breakthroughs for all links in the chain. This suits the growth strategy which the AgroCap Group set for itself in 2007, specifically in order to develop better solutions for customers and producers”.
The focus point of AgroCap’s growth strategy is to facilitate the organic development of its subsidiaries, and to support this via the complementary products and skills offering of all companies within the group.
Saphir will be integrated in its entirety into the commercial operations of Cool Fresh International, the oldest fresh produce company in the group. Hugo Vermeulen, Managing Director of Cool Fresh International will be responsible for the management of the enlarged company.
“Because of the fact that we have been cooperating intensively with Saphir during the past year it is clear to us that this company also places clients and suppliers on centre stage, and this fits in perfectly well with the DNA of AgroCap. The takeover provides an extra impulse for our innovative marketing solutions, and creates an ideal environment for the personal development of all people who are active in it”.
The complete management and sales teams of Saphir will be employed in the enlarged organization, and it is expected that the integration process will run smoothly under the leadership op Hugo Vermeulen.
According to Hans Oosterman of Saphir, the takeover by AgroCap provides the best of both worlds. “A robust and intensified market acquisition process from within our modern logistic facility in Ridderkerk, coupled with the further development of tailor made solutions for the global clients of AgroCap will create extensive benefits for clients and producers.”
For more information:
Johan in t Veld
AgroCap Invest BV
Tel: + 31 651 849 250
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 "We're increasing our focus on delivering a scalable operating model to lower our costs"
- 2023-02-03 PPC Flexible Packaging acquires Stepac, Mapfresh Holdings
- 2023-02-03 With the right technologies, the electricity bill can be 30% cheaper
- 2023-02-03 Plenty receives $20 million funding for R&D center from State of Wyoming
- 2023-02-03 Linton Growing joins Driscoll’s nursery network
- 2023-02-02 Bayer and Kimitec join forces to bring the next generation of Biologicals to millions of growers worldwide
- 2023-02-02 Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- 2023-02-02 Nonprofit launches 10th location in San Antonio, Texas
- 2023-02-02 Exp. Group shares plans to expand into Europe
- 2023-02-02 New sales manager for Family Tree Farms
- 2023-02-02 G&R Farms promotes from within
- 2023-02-02 Jan Oskam sells one site to property developer, from 2024, second site will be central location
- 2023-02-02 "New processing site gives us plenty of room to grow"
- 2023-02-02 Koeltrans celebrates its 12 and a half year anniversary
- 2023-02-02 "The acquisition of Rüther means we can now offer the full range of Freshcut articles"
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan