- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Australia: Too much christmas veg in Tasmania
The good conditions have brought on a surplus of vegetables, and while this might sound like a good thing for farmers, with no market for the excess vegetables, disposing of them becomes an issue.
Andrew Craigie is the Chairperson of the TFGA Vegetable Group says there is a big surplus of potatoes and onions.
Some 60 tonnes of vegetables has been given to a northern charity just in time for Christmas.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- 2022-12-06 Farm share of U.S. food dollar reached historic low in 2021
- 2022-12-06 Costa Rican agriculture sector struggles with little support
- 2022-12-06 Rising imports, personnel shortages and increased expansion
- 2022-12-06 48% of adults in Luxembourg don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables
- 2022-12-06 WRAP reveals edible food waste reductions but urges UK industry to accelerate progress
- 2022-12-06 CBI helps Jordanian fresh fruit and vegetable producers enter new markets
- 2022-12-06 Kenyan Ministry of Agriculture wants 16% VAT on veg seeds abolished
- 2022-12-06 Pacific North West farmers having to protect crops from extreme heat
- 2022-12-06 Farmers market flourish in US
- 2022-12-06 Prices for fruit and vegetables are set to keep rising until they peak in mid-December
- 2022-12-06 Costa Rican government to install scanners at ports and airports in 2023
- 2022-12-05 Fresh produce exports from South Africa to US to increase as airline increases flights
- 2022-12-05 Nigeria: Bridging the knowledge gap in protected cropping
- 2022-12-05 IFPA releases The Year in Review 2022
- 2022-12-05 "The agricultural sector continues to be paid prices that are far from offering them a minimum return"
- 2022-12-05 "Prices have not yet risen as dramatically as we are often hearing in the media"
- 2022-12-05 India's Telangana now surplus fruit production state
- 2022-12-05 Egypt's Ismailia sees over $223 million of agricultural exports in 2022
- 2022-12-05 China buys more Vietnamese fruit for Lunar New Year