- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- California avocado production forecast for 2023
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Argentina: Onion industry fears return of 'Pico de Agua'
CORFO and the UNS department of finances announced plans to convert the Colorado River Valley of Buenos Aires into a 13,000-acre onion field. “It might not be quite that large,” warns Lurman. “Besides, acreage isn’t really the issue here, it’s the return of 'Pico de Agua'.
Last season was the worst in Argentine history. According to data by FunBaPa (Fundación Barrera Patagónica), 422,266 tons of onions were sold, of which 284,815 to domestic markets and 137,451 tons to foreign destinations. Export to Brazil alone was lower than the 2003-2011 average.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 Potato consumption in French households increases by 1.5%
- 2023-01-31 For two seasons, Spain has been exporting potatoes to France to make snack chips "because of their quality"
- 2023-01-31 "People are still holding out for better prices, which is reflected in a lower willingness to sell"
- 2023-01-31 North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission appoints Liquid PR to support global expansion
- 2023-01-31 Zimbabwean government distributes 450,000 sweet potato vines
- 2023-01-31 McCain invests a further £35 mln in sustainable farming vision
- 2023-01-31 Tajikistan follows Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan banning exports of onions, carrots, potatoes
- 2023-01-30 Onions at Rs320 per kilo in Karachi due to supply shortage
- 2023-01-30 Only 1,900 tons of imported onions arrived in Philippines last week
- 2023-01-30 New potato variety with high genetic quality for Peruvian producers
- 2023-01-30 After achieving a record production in 2021, the world's potato production decreased by 6% in 2022
- 2023-01-30 Onion prices in Tajikistan soared
- 2023-01-27 Building a secure and sustainable future for our industry
- 2023-01-27 Governments of Canada and Manitoba invest nearly $100,000 to upgrade horticulture storage facility
- 2023-01-27 Filipino president Marcos wants meeting to discuss high prices of imported onions
- 2023-01-27 'UK potato growers are underestimating their own industry’
- 2023-01-26 Export of Ukrainian potatoes to the EU is possible, but not soon
- 2023-01-26 "Our programmed quality onions have gained us a foothold at European retail suppliers "
- 2023-01-26 The Princesa Amandine potato was awarded the 2023 Flavor of the Year award for the second consecutive year in Spain
- 2023-01-26 "Onions in 5-kg bags have become 100 percent more expensive"