- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fruit tasting for terminal workers at Port of Cape Town
- How a New Zealand businessman established a successful cherry orchard from scratch by focusing on a niche
- Uncertainty ahead of Israeli citrus season
- New Zealand growers pulling out all the stops to attract workers
- “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Canada: Desnoyers takes on new Oppy role
“Audrey’s passion for the business, aligned with her knowledgeable, creative, yet practical solutions for the retail community, have made her a top flight performer over many years,” said James Milne, director of marketing.
Desnoyers’ produce career began with Zespri International, as a leader and manager of the street team that launched the Zespri brand in 1998, and a year later gave consumers their first taste of gold kiwifruit. In 2000, she became an Oppy business development representative covering the U.S. Midwest, serving in an outside sales role that builds retail, wholesale and foodservice promotions. In 2004, Desnoyers continued in the same capacity in the U.S. Northwest, later adding Northern California to her region.
Through a series of territory changes and increased responsibility, Desnoyers has been a key touch point between Oppy and the top 50 U.S. retailers, and established herself as an effective leader within the company’s sales and marketing group, Milne said.
In her new role, Desnoyers, who is based in Seattle, will oversee Oppy’s promotional approach for key items, and provide guidance to the company’s business development team, assuring its activities support the organization’s broader sales and marketing strategy.
She will continue to serve accounts in the Northwestern U.S.
“This is a great opportunity to work more closely with our sales directors to help move the business forward,” Desnoyers said. “It means a lot to me that I can continue taking care of the customers I’ve worked with over the years, while also contributing to our business in a new way.”
Desnoyers’ new role began in late October.
For more information:
OPPY | THE OPPENHEIMER GROUP
Tel: +1 206 499 7440
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 Supermarket Linella: "When it comes to quality, we don't compromise"
- 2022-12-08 Canadian industry champion announces retirement
- 2022-12-08 Sweden: Swegreen to install in-store farm at Ica Maxi Ängelholm
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 California Giant appoints Andy Rice
- 2022-12-07 USDA cites Florida distributor for PACA violations
- 2022-12-07 Produce company enters 16th season, shining spotlight on original team member
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 Belgian cooperatives represented on economic trade mission to Japan
- 2022-12-07 Online supermarket Oda raises NOK 1.5 billion
- 2022-12-07 Dublin fruit and veg trader celebrates 130 years
- 2022-12-06 Calavo partnering with Old El Paso
- 2022-12-06 Fyffes completes community needs assesments for LATAM
- 2022-12-06 Colombia Avocado Board brings on new board members
- 2022-12-06 "We're the first to market fruit grown without nitrate contamination for two consecutive years"
- 2022-12-06 France: Pomliberty welcomes Vitalis as a shareholder
- 2022-12-06 Lincolnshire agri-tech company moves to new location
- 2022-12-06 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-06 Limoneira closes sale of its Sevilla property for $2.6 million
- 2022-12-05 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member