- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
US: Rocket Farms Herbs acquires HerbThyme Farms
“HerbThyme is a great brand supported by 500 talented employees that utilizes cutting edge growing and packaging technologies to produce the finest and freshest cut herbs in the country, which are complementary to our existing potted herb products,” said Monterey Peninsula Horticulture Chief Executive Officer Charles Kosmont. “With the financial resources and operating expertise of a strong parent company we believe HerbThyme can flourish and have a strong future.”
HerbThyme Farms grows and ships more than 5 million pounds of fresh herbs annually. HerbThyme Farms has approximately 200 acres of conventional farmland and 150 acres dedicated to the growing of USDA certified organic herbs.
“Having successfully completed similar acquisitions in the past, we are certain that HerbThyme’s transition to new ownership will be a smooth one,” Kosmont added. “Customers should expect the continued on-time delivery of all products as well as access to a wider selection of herbs, which will now include organic and non-organic cut herbs in addition to our organic potted herbs, which will meet our stringent quality and food safety standards.”
HerbThyme’s Chief Executive Officer, Howard Roeder, along with his entire senior management team, will remain in place and continue to oversee the day-to-day operations of the business. The HerbThyme, Herbal Garden and New England brand names will remain unchanged. Rocket Farms Herbs has also extended job offers to substantially all of HerbThyme’s approximately 500 employees.
“We are thrilled to be joining the Monterey Peninsula Horticulture family of growers,” said Howard Roeder. “As one of the largest and most respected greenhouse growers in the United States, Rocket Farms Herbs’ success is a testament to the company’s strategic vision, disciplined management and cutting edge technology, systems and processes. We are pleased to have found such a strong partner who can provide our company with deeply enhanced opportunities.”
Rocket Farms Herbs retained Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones as legal counsel. HerbThyme Farms retained Jones Day as legal counsel.
For more information:
Tel: +1 818 981-2800
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building