- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Grodan sponsors drinking water in Bolivia
In 2010 and 2011 GRODAN initiated an internal savings initiative through its festive season cards. The savings made were donated to charity: water. charity:water is a non-profit organisation bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. 100% of all public donations directly fund water projects.
The donation made by GRODAN, resulted in the completion of a water project in Bolivia, which provides clean and safe drinking water to 70 people in the village of Pucara Chico. This project is part of a large scale spring protection system, serving multiple households within the community. Stuart Lambie, Sustainability Manager at GRODAN, explains: “We chose to donate to charity:water, because we’re very aware that water is an extremely valuable resource, not only within the horticulture sector.
One of the main drivers of GRODAN is to help growers to use their irrigation water as efficiently as possible through Precision Growing, allowing growers to make a tangible difference in water savings.
That’s why GRODAN is delighted to donate to charity:water, who used 100% of our donation to make a tangible difference for these 70 people in Bolivia.“
For more information:
Tel: + 31 475 35 7481
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 "We're increasing our focus on delivering a scalable operating model to lower our costs"
- 2023-02-03 PPC Flexible Packaging acquires Stepac, Mapfresh Holdings
- 2023-02-03 With the right technologies, the electricity bill can be 30% cheaper
- 2023-02-03 Plenty receives $20 million funding for R&D center from State of Wyoming
- 2023-02-03 Linton Growing joins Driscoll’s nursery network
- 2023-02-02 Bayer and Kimitec join forces to bring the next generation of Biologicals to millions of growers worldwide
- 2023-02-02 Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- 2023-02-02 Nonprofit launches 10th location in San Antonio, Texas
- 2023-02-02 Exp. Group shares plans to expand into Europe
- 2023-02-02 New sales manager for Family Tree Farms
- 2023-02-02 G&R Farms promotes from within
- 2023-02-02 Jan Oskam sells one site to property developer, from 2024, second site will be central location
- 2023-02-02 "New processing site gives us plenty of room to grow"
- 2023-02-02 Koeltrans celebrates its 12 and a half year anniversary
- 2023-02-02 "The acquisition of Rüther means we can now offer the full range of Freshcut articles"
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan