- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- California avocado production forecast for 2023
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Wim van der Wiel of The Greenery:
"Mushrooms prices are moderate, but will rise toward Christmas"
According to Wim van der Wiel, the prices of mushrooms are currently moderate, but will be rising towards Christmas. "The main markets for mushrooms are the traditional core markets such as Germany, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. After St. Nicholas, demand traditionally increases. This will cause the price for day-to-day trading to increase. The demand for specialty mushrooms, such as flats, Enoki and Chanterelle, is equal to last year. Demand for these products is starting to increase as well."
The Greenery doesn't have any novelties in the period before Christmas, as far as mushrooms are concerned. "There is no demand for this from our customers. We did recently have an 'on pack promotion' on the packages of 250 grams of white mushrooms. This promotion ran during week 46 and 47 at one Dutch retailer. On the promotional sticker on the package, a prize code was listed. this code could be filled in on www.verseoogst.nl, and it was immediately displayed whether or not you had won the price: a pair of Viking skates. During the two weeks nearly 900 codes were entered on www.verseoogst.nl, and 10 pairs of skates, worth € 175,-, were given away. the effect of the promotion is very good with a sales increase of 21% compared to the same week last year, and 25.4% compared to the average of 2012!"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 "Our strength lies in offering the widest range of baby leaf"
- 2023-01-31 Adelaide's former Holden car factory to become a large-scale mushroom producer
- 2023-01-31 Spanish and Dutch pepper sales in the EU decrease while Moroccan pepper sales grow
- 2023-01-31 "In February, there will be a production gap in cucumbers, zucchinis, and eggplants"
- 2023-01-31 How to increase and homogenize the caliber of lettuce grown in the ground
- 2023-01-31 Good yet not excellent quantities of vegetables shipped to Europe
- 2023-01-31 "At the moment, the supply of vegetables available in Almeria is insufficient to meet the demand"
- 2023-01-31 Smithy Mushrooms grows as demand for exotic varieties increases
- 2023-01-31 "With an early Easter, it's vital that we get this product available"
- 2023-01-31 "Cucumbers had a good season, so more tomato growers have switched to them"
- 2023-01-31 California farmers facing costly damages due to storms
- 2023-01-31 "Rising compost prices and volume issues are determining the mushroom market"
- 2023-01-31 "Volume developments impressively illustrate the growth development of this crop"
- 2023-01-31 Spring planting balances high inputs and economic uncertainty with good markets
- 2023-01-31 Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- 2023-01-31 AUSVEG pre-budget submission - summary of recommendations
- 2023-01-31 Stacks of produce litter Auckland roadsides
- 2023-01-30 Sicilian cucumber prices are holding up well
- 2023-01-30 “We are confident about the 2023 cucumber campaign”
- 2023-01-30 Dutch company offers first new Ev'ryday cucumbers