- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Organic farm Maisto
Italy: good start to the season for Italian herbs
"Since 2008, the company Maisto is exclusively dedicated to the cultivation of organic salads - the sales manager, Bettina Apicella informs - but recently, in response to requests from some customers, we have started the production of various types of herbs such as organic parsley, basil, thyme, mint, dill, rosemary, chives, etc."
Bunches of rocket.
"The season started about a month earlier than expected and is quite satisfactory. Specifically, for salads, we have high demand for arugula and spinach, but what surprised us, perhaps because it is a new article for us, is the strong request for aromatics for which we have received good feedbacks from customers," says Bettina." We started in the summer with basil, worked for the processing industry, but for three weeks now we have been working with all the herbs.
The salads are packaged in the business warehouse either in 100 and 125 grams trays, or in 125 and 250 grams bags, both as a bulk product for the industry and in boxes of 1 kg.
1 kg of basil bulk.
"Herbs are sold loose or in 50 grams boxes or in 100 grams bags, but can vary depending on the needs of customers," continued Bettina.
"The bunches are very appreciated, a process that - in addition to the rucola - we adopt for the parsley, which is in great demand in different weights, 50, 100 or even 200 grams. Dill is also among the most popular aromatic in bunches and, to a lesser extent, the first requests are coming for chervil and coriander in bunches."
The Maisto company biological salads and herbs are marketed almost exclusively abroad: Scandinavia, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Poland and in Europe in general, via the wholesale channels, distribution and retail.
"Compared to last year, the prices are stable. We work with programs and fixed prices for the entire season in order to better organize the production. With supermarkets, for example, establishes a stable program with an agreed price for throughout the winter season, which takes into account packaging, article and destination".
The company is present on tacler (www.tacler.com)
Azienda biologica Maisto
Via Lago Lucrino, 7
84098 Pontecagnano Faiano (SA) - Italy
Phone: +39 089 203550
Fax: +39 089 2036106
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-24 100% Vegan friendly DIY Pesto Kit introduced in The Netherlands
- 2022-11-17 “We are known for our high-quality fresh herbs that are asked for by our clients.”
- 2022-11-10 Swiss: From supplying retail to the year-round cultivation of natural plant extracts
- 2022-11-09 Spike in fresh herb consumption for the holiday season
- 2022-10-28 Spontaneous herbs become a resource
- 2022-10-26 Singapore: "Our demand is more than we can supply"
- 2022-10-25 "Many herb varieties - most notably basil - are now selling nicely throughout the year"
- 2022-10-24 “The additional energy costs will be difficult to pass on to our sales price”
- 2022-09-29 Basil grown especially for pesto
- 2022-09-27 Dried aromatic herbs for the foreign markets
- 2022-09-21 "Encouraging supply situation - but sales are slowing a bit"
- 2022-09-13 "We'll launch our live basil in Spain in December, and in October 2023, we'll arrive in the United Kingdom"
- 2022-08-31 Major Georgian aromatic herb grower halts exports as production is insufficient
- 2022-08-10 Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- 2022-07-22 Belgium: In comparison to last year, we’ve doubled production, as well as our revenue
- 2022-07-20 Herb prices skyrocket in Australia
- 2022-07-13 "Herbs are used sparingly in culinary delights"
- 2022-07-01 Basil, thyme, rosemary and other fresh herbs
- 2022-06-24 Stronger supplies of California organic basil in 2022
- 2022-06-21 "African air-shipped goods will always have their place on the market, especially in winter"