- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
UK: Tesco praised for supporting stone fruit
Jacques Du Preez, product manager at HORTGRO, which represents South African stone fruit and top fruit growers, presented the award to Tesco’s stone fruit technologist Natalie Slack at Tesco headquarters last month.
Tesco’s stone fruit technologist, Natalie Slack, receives the South African Stone Fruit Retailer of the Year award from Jacques Du Preez, product manager at HORTGRO.
Du Preez said: “Tesco has worked closely with the South African fruit industry’s promotional effort since it began in 2009. It has collaborated with us to achieve great stand out for South African fruit in the stone fruit category, working with the campaign to help its customers identify South African fruit when it’s eating at its very best – and helping us communicate to them the varieties, season and ethical attributes that make it unique.”
This year, Tesco included the South African logo on punnets of South African stone fruit, contributed its own point of sale material for Flavor King plums and helped produce a bespoke customer information booklet and sample SA stone fruit to Tesco staff at head office.
“Crucially, Tesco has achieved a strong year-on-year performance during the season for South African stone fruit,” said Du Preez. “This is a real endorsement of this coordinated and collaborative approach to marketing stone fruit.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Aartsen: "Our branding key to growth in Asia"
- 2022-11-25 “Triple jumbo code” cherries kick off the Chilean crop
- 2022-11-25 Seven pear varieties tie for first place in consumer trial
- 2022-11-25 Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
- 2022-11-25 The transporter's strike puts in check the transport of 25,000 tons of cherries in Chile
- 2022-11-25 New Zealand apple sales in China increase steadily every year
- 2022-11-25 Peruvian blueberry prices on world market lower despite 28% export growth
- 2022-11-25 Volume reduction of Chilean fresh blueberry exports less than projected
- 2022-11-25 Cape Town terminal exceeds weekly volumes as deciduous fruit season starts
- 2022-11-25 Chilean blueberries, a superfood consolidating in the world
- 2022-11-25 Joy Wing Mau celebrates first arrival of Chilean cherries by air
- 2022-11-25 Which will be the first Spanish supermarket chain to charge more for its apples?
- 2022-11-25 California Prune Board welcomes 0% tariffs on prune imports into the UK
- 2022-11-24 New Moroccan fruit exporters enter the European market
- 2022-11-24 Blackberries having a good year so far
- 2022-11-24 BC Tree Fruit growers force meeting over Lake Country plant closure
- 2022-11-24 Chilean cherry arrivals timed for early Chinese New Year's celebration
- 2022-11-24 Moldovan power outage had no severe impact on fruit packing operations
- 2022-11-24 "Quickly selling Gala and Golden Delicious could be good for stored apples like Jonagold"
- 2022-11-24 "Chinese cranberry production continues to increase"