- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
UAE retailer signs up France's Carrefour
The retailer said it has signed a contract with Carrefour Market to lease 15,800 sq ft of anchor store space at the new centre, which will be the sixth SouqExtra! community centre in the UAE.
Justin Wilshaw, CEO of SouqExtra!, said: "We are delighted to welcome Carrefour Market to our growing list of trusted retail partners - now numbering over 110 and set to double by the end of 2013 when a further four centres will open for business."
He added: "SouqExtra! is now at an exciting phase in its further development, and we view the strong and continued retailer interest in our centres as a validation of the solidity of our business model and of our founding vision to grow with our partners and customers."
Franck Rouquet, VP Carrefour Market, said: "This partnership will allow us to provide residents of Dubai Silicon Oasis with a convenient, value-for-money daily or weekly shopping destination right within the community's retail nerve centre."
The SouqExtra! centre in Dubai Silicon Oasis, which will have a gross leasable area of 32,600 sq ft, is expected to open in late 2013.
SouqExtra! currently operates five centres across three emirates - Dubai (Al Barsha, Al Quoz, and Ewan Residences), Fujairah (Al Mirbah), and Al Ain (Al Batheen).
The company also plans to open four new centres - three in Dubai and one in Ajman - to double SouqExtra!'s total retail space.
The SouqExtra! retail mix includes Spinneys, McDonald's, Subway, Lulu Express, Carrefour Market, Baskin Robbins, WeCare Pharmacy, Hatam Restaurant, Champion Cleaners, Grand Optics, Al Farooj Restaurant, and Gloria Jean's Coffees.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Carrefour launches 'quiet hours' in stores for highly sensitive people
- 2022-12-02 Kroger raises sales forecast as grocery demand stays inflation resistant
- 2022-12-01 Aldi planning 600 store openings in Poland over next five years
- 2022-12-01 Costco Wholesale Corporation reports November sales results
- 2022-11-30 Is being the low price leader critical to Amazon’s ongoing success?
- 2022-11-30 UK: Asda remains UK's most affordable supermarket for online shopping
- 2022-11-29 Kroger-Albertsons merger faces more scrutiny from Congress
- 2022-11-29 Tesco launches ‘reverse supermarket’ to help people suffering with food poverty
- 2022-11-28 Dia to raise pay by up to 12% to cope with soaring inflation
- 2022-11-28 Walmart overtakes Amazon in shoppers’ search for Black Friday bargains
- 2022-11-25 Amazon workers in the U.S. and 30 other countries plan Black Friday protests
- 2022-11-24 Lawsuit filed over short paychecks at Fred Meyer, QFC
- 2022-11-24 Amazon to open online grocery store in UAE
- 2022-11-23 JD.com cuts executive pay to help lower-level employees buy homes
- 2022-11-23 Walmart and Target’s quarterly results lay bare the retailers’ differences
- 2022-11-22 Lidl sees strongest share growth in France in October
- 2022-11-22 Teamsters ratify national contract at Kroger
- 2022-11-21 Southeastern Grocers exploring sale, report says
- 2022-11-21 UK: Tesco wants to squash Lidl's attempt to build a new store
- 2022-11-18 HelloFresh is officially launching its service in Spain