- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
NZ: Zespri congratulates Riddet Institute Directors Prime Minister’s Science Prize
The Prime Minister’s Science Prize is a $500,000 prize given annually to scientists in recognition of a transformative scientific discovery or achievement which has led to an economic, health, social and/or environmental impact in New Zealand or internationally.
Professors Moughan and Singh were awarded the 2012 prize for their world-leading and original research in the area of food protein science, which has led to a number of commercial innovations, patents, revenue and exports for New Zealand.
Dr Tanner said Zespri and the Riddet Institute have a long relationship as part of Zespri’s ongoing programme to understand the significant nutritional benefits of kiwifruit.
“The work Paul, Harjinder and the wider Riddet team have done with Zespri is critical in giving us the scientific basis on which to base our health marketing platform.
“We know that one of the key factors to building loyalty among our consumers is the health benefits of Zespri Kiwifruit. The ongoing research by Riddet to explore the nutrient profile of kiwifruit allows Zespri to build a credible and detailed platform about the health benefits of our product,” Dr Tanner said.
Riddet’s research has led to greater understanding of the digestive benefits of green kiwifruit, due to the presence of the unique enzyme known as actinidin and has also shown the significant Vitamin C content of kiwifruit, in comparison to other commonly-consumed fruit.
“With consumers increasingly focused on diet and health-related issues, the work done by Riddet in understanding the nutritional benefits of kiwifruit gives Zespri an edge globally and establishes the Zespri brand as one of the leading fruit brands in the world.
“I congratulate Paul, Harjinder and their team on the award and Zespri looks forward to continuing to work with them in the future,” Dr Tanner said.
For more information:
Tel: +64 27 509 1805
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy