- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fruit tasting for terminal workers at Port of Cape Town
- How a New Zealand businessman established a successful cherry orchard from scratch by focusing on a niche
- Uncertainty ahead of Israeli citrus season
- New Zealand growers pulling out all the stops to attract workers
- “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
More time to do business at Asia Fruit Logistica 2013
Asia Fruit Logistica will return to AsiaWorld-Expo on 4-6 September 2013, opening its doors from 10:00-17:00hrs daily.
The extension to the opening hours marks a 40 per cent increase on previous editions of the event, which took place from 13.00-18.00hrs. The move comes in response to the ongoing growth in visitor numbers, and to requests from exhibitors for more time to capitalise on the unrivalled business opportunities the show offers.
“Asia Fruit Logistica is a very targeted event and the organisers go to a lot of effort to get the right buyers here,” said Dalia Kabeel of the Egyptian Exporters’ Council at the 2012 event. “Everybody on the Egyptian pavilion is very pleased and many are saying they could do with more time to meet everyone. The show is growing and we feel more hours are needed.”
A record 5,722 visitors from 64 different countries attended Asia Fruit Logistica 2012. Visitor survey results show that 87 per cent of these visitors held leading management positions in their companies, while 84 per cent of them were closely involved in the purchasing and procurement decision-making process.
The high calibre of visitors contributed to strong business results for the record 341 exhibitors, with close to 70 per cent of them arranging business deals during Asia Fruit Logistica, according to survey results.
“In terms of conversion from networking to business, Asia Fruit Logistica is still compact enough that you make the right connections,” said Nitin Agrawal of leading Indian table grape exporter Euro Fruits. “It’s the one event that we never miss.”
To accommodate the extended opening hours, Asiafruit Congress – Asia’s premier fresh produce conference event – will take place on 3 September 2013, the day before Asia Fruit Logistica opens its doors.
The full-day event will feature a packed programme of expert presentations, panel discussions and breakout workshops to give delegates an unparalleled insight into the latest trends and developments in Asia’s rapidly growing fresh produce vegetable business.
The conference will conclude in the evening with a joint official Asiafruit Congress and Asia Fruit Logistica cocktail reception, offering delegates a unique opportunity to network and do business before the exhibition opens.
Exhibitor registrations for Asia Fruit Logistica are now open.
For more information:
Tel: +66 2 941 4600
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-07 Exhibition spaces for CPMA 2023 sold out
- 2022-12-07 TSW 2023 changes venue, date remains unchanged
- 2022-12-06 Photo Report: New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-06 SEPC beams up Southern Exposure’s keynote speakers
- 2022-12-06 Over one hundred varieties on display at Field Day Baby Leaf (Dec. 12-17)
- 2022-12-02 Next Europatat Congress will take place in Gdańsk on 5-7 June 2023
- 2022-12-01 Asia Fruit Logistica heads back to Hong Kong
- 2022-11-28 Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair