Netherlands: Staay Food Group starts new company in Costa Rica

Recently, Staay Food Group and Martin Otten of Dulce MMO have agreed to set up a new company in Costa Rica. The new company, to be called “SFG Dulce S.A.”, will be headquartered in San Jose. The Staay Food Group SFG will play a main part in the production and distribution of melons, mangos and pineapple in Latin America.

Staay Food Group owns 70% of the new business. The remaining 30% are owned by Martin Otten, who will serve as SFG Dulce’s CEO. The management is completed by Susan Hoekstra (operations) and Sanne Speijers (finance), both of them permanently stationed in Costa Rica. Otten’s old company, Dulce MMO, has ceased all activities.

The merger is the direct result of the globalisation in the Fresh Produce industry. Staay Food Group intends to market more sustainable products and to further advance in this field. According to the new management, SFG Dulce is also set up to be closer to the source, and so to accommodate international retailer’s demands of transparency in the market.


Source: Staay Food


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber