- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Belgium: Visys expands potato vision and sorting offering
“Thanks to our visionary innovations we are now able to offer new perspectives and possibilities to the potato processing market”, says Frank Zwerts, CEO of Visys.
“Sorting technology in the potato processing market has been subject to slower adaptation of next-generation technologies such as digital lasers and bioprint. “Visys is now set to use its technological leadership for the benefit of the potato processing industry”, Mr. Karel Van Velthoven, Marketing Manager continued.
The recently introduced Laser and Fusion technology allow an augmented sorting experience to tackle even more difficult specific potato defect issues. The Fusion platform will make it possible to further expand analytical and statistical processing of relevant production quality data, combined with effectively sorting out good from bad potato products.
The Bioprint technology, enabling sorting on chemical composition, offers unique capabilities for detection and qualification of additional invisible potato defects such as sugar- and glassy ends.
Above developments are announced on the occasion of the Interpom exhibition in Kortrijk, Belgium, 25-27 November (Booth 350). They are commercially available for many fruit and vegetable sorting requirements and will be gradually rolled-out to a wider group of potato applications in the following quarters.
For more information:
Tel: +32 (0)11 24 91 91
Fax: +32 (0)11 24 91 99
www.visysglobal.com or www.visyssorting.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 "We're increasing our focus on delivering a scalable operating model to lower our costs"
- 2023-02-03 PPC Flexible Packaging acquires Stepac, Mapfresh Holdings
- 2023-02-03 With the right technologies, the electricity bill can be 30% cheaper
- 2023-02-03 Plenty receives $20 million funding for R&D center from State of Wyoming
- 2023-02-03 Linton Growing joins Driscoll’s nursery network
- 2023-02-02 Bayer and Kimitec join forces to bring the next generation of Biologicals to millions of growers worldwide
- 2023-02-02 Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- 2023-02-02 Nonprofit launches 10th location in San Antonio, Texas
- 2023-02-02 Exp. Group shares plans to expand into Europe
- 2023-02-02 New sales manager for Family Tree Farms
- 2023-02-02 G&R Farms promotes from within
- 2023-02-02 Jan Oskam sells one site to property developer, from 2024, second site will be central location
- 2023-02-02 "New processing site gives us plenty of room to grow"
- 2023-02-02 Koeltrans celebrates its 12 and a half year anniversary
- 2023-02-02 "The acquisition of Rüther means we can now offer the full range of Freshcut articles"
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan