- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
11th APEM Peruvian International Mango Congress
Increased Peruvian mango export show promise Green Sky fruit caps
Green Sky manufacture caps for fruits - papayas, melons and mangoes. The caps primary purpose is to protect the fruit during transportation. The caps are currently being exported to the USA, where the produce companies that buy them target Asian markets, primarily Japan, for cap covered fruits.
The event took place 8th - 9th November and covered such things as good practice in mango cultivation, pests and diseases relevant to the sector and attracting sales in the US market place. To that end the event was attended by the US National Mango Board.
Arturo said that the event promised the potential for his company to access a new market.
"The Peruvian producers seemed to like the product and we are already receiving some orders for the country."
This could prove to be very important as Peru has received the go ahead to export its mangoes to the US, Europe and Asia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 "It is young companies and open minds that make the difference"
- 2022-12-01 A strategy to encourage in-store stock rotation
- 2022-12-01 Putting an end to wasteful packaging, boosting reuse and recycling
- 2022-11-30 Minamisoma company turns vegetable waste into eco-friendly plastic
- 2022-11-29 “We plant a single tree with every deal that we make with a client”
- 2022-11-29 Manupackaging announces strategic partnership with Polymateria for biodegradable films
- 2022-11-29 Reclosable and sealed freshness-saving packaging with tamper-evident solution
- 2022-11-25 Cambodian Minister plans QR-code stickers to combat fraud with durians
- 2022-11-23 Himachal: No takers for 6% Goods and Services Tax rebate on apple cartons
- 2022-11-22 Edible packaging addresses both food waste and plastic waste
- 2022-11-22 SAVRpak partners with Mexican company Jüsto, distributing moisture control technology
- 2022-11-21 A range of paper and board packaging suitable for over 30 different fruits and vegetables
- 2022-11-21 'Prices in the plastics market in the EU and the US showed a decline in October'
- 2022-11-17 “A pallet-based system to extend berry shelf-life”
- 2022-11-17 Pineapple, chocolate and coffee part of special holiday gift boxes from Hawaii
- 2022-11-16 Quality label for products from Troodos mountain
- 2022-11-14 EastPack announces $30 million notes issue to meet growth In kiwifruit demand
- 2022-11-14 Veggie waste offers green solution to single-use packaging
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 Brazil: Products must have labels from January 2, 2023