- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Israel: Viva Agriculture launching strawberry export
"The Strawberries fields are developing well, due to excellent weather conditions in Israel," points out Mr. Itzik Gerstein, product manager in Viva Agriculture.
All varieties were developed by Dr. Nir Dai from ARO (Agriculture Research Organization) at the Volcani Institute, in co-operation with Strawberries growers.
Varieties such as Barak, Gili, Yasmin, Hadas, Yael and Tamar have very good firmness, extended shelf-life and are sweet and aromatic.
"All our growers," adds Mr. Gerstein, "are certified by GlobalGap and use biological pesticide (Bio-Bee), with minimal use of chemical ingredients."
Viva Agriculture’s growers are all operating under the strict regulations of the EU Authorities.
The main growing area is the Sharon valley, north of Tel-Aviv.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 6863900
Find us at FruitLogistica 2013 – Hall 3.2 Stand A-14
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Aartsen: "Our branding key to growth in Asia"
- 2022-11-25 “Triple jumbo code” cherries kick off the Chilean crop
- 2022-11-25 Seven pear varieties tie for first place in consumer trial
- 2022-11-25 Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
- 2022-11-25 The transporter's strike puts in check the transport of 25,000 tons of cherries in Chile
- 2022-11-25 New Zealand apple sales in China increase steadily every year
- 2022-11-25 Peruvian blueberry prices on world market lower despite 28% export growth
- 2022-11-25 Volume reduction of Chilean fresh blueberry exports less than projected
- 2022-11-25 Cape Town terminal exceeds weekly volumes as deciduous fruit season starts
- 2022-11-25 Chilean blueberries, a superfood consolidating in the world
- 2022-11-25 Joy Wing Mau celebrates first arrival of Chilean cherries by air
- 2022-11-25 Which will be the first Spanish supermarket chain to charge more for its apples?
- 2022-11-25 California Prune Board welcomes 0% tariffs on prune imports into the UK
- 2022-11-24 New Moroccan fruit exporters enter the European market
- 2022-11-24 Blackberries having a good year so far
- 2022-11-24 BC Tree Fruit growers force meeting over Lake Country plant closure
- 2022-11-24 Chilean cherry arrivals timed for early Chinese New Year's celebration
- 2022-11-24 Moldovan power outage had no severe impact on fruit packing operations
- 2022-11-24 "Quickly selling Gala and Golden Delicious could be good for stored apples like Jonagold"
- 2022-11-24 "Chinese cranberry production continues to increase"