- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
AU: $200,000/tonne paid for new season baby potatoes!
The successful bidder was Mr Angelo Demasi, CEO of the Adelaide Produce Markets., South Australia.
Mr Demasi was later crowned ‘The 2012 King of Potatoes’.
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Little Heroes Foundation, a charity dedicated to supporting children living with cancer and serious illness, and their families. Katie Bridges, CEO of the Foundation said, “the money that you have donated today will touch many families’ lives and we are very grateful for your support and this exciting new concept.”
Robbie Davis, CEO of Potatoes South Australia Incorporated, the peak industry body for the entire value chain, said “This was the first step in our long-term promotion of the potato as a delicious, healthy and sophisticated food packed full of vitamins A and C, and potassium. South Australia is the nation’s largest potato producer with farm gate production worth $206 million and it is fitting that the industry’s success is
A fabulous breakfast menu consisting of roasted baby potatoes stuffed with bacon, cheese and chives, prosciutto wrapped baby potatoes with tarragon mustard dressing and baby potatoes encrusted with basil pesto and parmesan was served.
“This breakfast demonstrated just how exciting potatoes can be and how much potential there is to showcase their versatility and their flavour,” she added. The potatoes from the Adelaide Plains were kindly donated by Virginia Farm Produce, Virginia.
The auction will be held annually and hopefully will evolve into a much larger event. Potatoes South Australia is delighted to be associated with such a worthwhile cause.
For more information:
Potatoes South Australia
Tel: +61 (0)427 084 319
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-04-30 Unprecedented line-up of speakers from around the globe to take stage at PMA Fresh Connections 2014
- 2014-04-30 Australian Tropical Fruit Paradise
- 2014-04-29 Strong domestic market despite loss of Thai exports
- 2014-04-29 Australia’s ultimate convenience food is back
- 2014-04-28 AU: Freshcut pineapple supply grew 18% in 5 years
- 2014-04-25 AU: Why Tassie is so good for growing capsicums
- 2014-04-24 "AU: "More and more growers identifying advantages of stonewool substrates"
- 2014-04-22 Abbotsleigh and Seven Fields join forces with a focus on farm gate returns
- 2014-04-18 Onions New Zealand appoints Dr Jane Adams as Research and Innovation Manager
- 2014-04-17 MAF Oceania and Citrus Australia join forces
- 2014-04-16 EastPack announces $1.5m profit following Satara merger
- 2014-04-16 Photos from Eveleigh Market, Sydney
- 2014-04-15 Citrus ready for Chinese boom
- 2014-04-15 Aussie grapes bound for South Korean tables
- 2014-04-14 Field Fresh Tasmania expects good onion season
- 2014-04-11 New Zealand Feijoa season in full swing
- 2014-04-10 NZ: Mr Apple reports strong demand for 2014 apple season
- 2014-04-09 Australia's 'challenging' mango season draws to close
- 2014-04-08 China gets first shipment of Australian apples
- 2014-04-07 Less New Zealand onions going to UK