- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- California avocado production forecast for 2023
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
US: Produce suppliers recognized at Pink Ribbon produce event at PMA
During the Produce Marketing Association’s (PMA) Fresh Summit on Saturday, October 27, over 11 produce suppliers were recognized. Mark Stevens with Meijer stores presented 5 year participation awards to Andrew & Williamson Fresh Produce, Dole Packaged Salads, Highline Mushroom, Sunset Produce, Paramount Citrus and Southern Specialties. The Top Donor Award for 2012 went to Paramount Citrus.
Awards for participants in Harris Teeter’s Pink Ribbon Produce Program went to Country Fresh, Inc., Dole Fresh Fruit Company, Fresh Express and Santa Cruz Berry Farming Co. for 5 year participation. The Top Donor Award went to Sunlight International Sales, Inc.
Sunset Produce received the 5 Year Participant and the Top Donor Award for Price Chopper’s Pink Ribbon Produce Program.
In addition to the award ceremony, one of the produce industry’s own, Maggie Bezart, was acknowledged for her many years of support of the program on behalf of the Chilean Avocados Importers Association. This year, Bezart’s commitment to this cause became personal when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Although she was unable to attend the event, she shared a message:
"I would like to thank AugustineIdeas for their continued support and all the vendors that have participated in Pink Ribbon Produce. I encourage more to join the movement. Produce is a key portion of our daily plates, and is recommended by oncology not only for prevention, but to boost the immune system during chemo therapy. So retailers, turn your departments pink by suggesting vendors change their packaging in October, and join us to help find a cure for this disease that will affect eight out of ten women. And for all the strong women in the produce industry that are currently fighting or are survivors, remember: as you walk this journey of the unknown, live in the moment, dance the dance, and take the time to live and love yourself. Everyone is special. Everyone is a survivor."
The educational fundraising program Pink Ribbon Produce, managed by AugustineIdeas, partners the three grocery retailers with produce suppliers to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. (NBCF). Stores direct shoppers to the participating produce suppliers with a Pink Ribbon Produce icon on posters and point-of-sale signs at the product. In addition to buying selected products to support NBCF, customers can text “Pink HT” for Harris Teeter, “PINK M” for Meijer or “Pink PC” for Price Chopper to 80077 to make a donation.
“Pink Ribbon Produce brings together grocery retailers, produce partners and consumers to support a cause that directly impacts so many women across the United States,” said Debbie Augustine, chief executive officer of AugustineIdeas. “This program gives everyone a tangible way to make a difference, while helping to fund treatments and research for a cure.”
Through various fundraising activities, including Pink Ribbon Produce, NBCF provides funding for research, educational programs and mammograms to women across the country.
For more information:
Tel: +1 916 774 9600
Fax: +1 916 774 9611
Mob: +1 916 572 3443
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan
- 2023-02-01 Arjen de Jong appointed director of Van Kempen Koudetechniek
- 2023-02-01 Bonduelle: Growth in activity fuelled by price increases
- 2023-02-01 Limoneira closes sale of its northern properties for $100 million
- 2023-02-01 ONE revenues and profits plunge in last quarter of 2022
- 2023-02-01 "We are aiming to expand our product range from 360 to 500 items in two years"
- 2023-02-01 "The availability of affordable heat is of vital importance"
- 2023-01-31 Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- 2023-01-31 Washington apple industry veteran dies at 89 years
- 2023-01-31 Hapag-Lloyd achieves strong result in its anniversary year 2022
- 2023-01-31 Calavo Growers Inc. appoints CEO Brian Kocher as member of the Board of Directors
- 2023-01-31 Dutch company opens new warehouse
- 2023-01-30 Sealand will transition to a single, unified brand under Maersk
- 2023-01-30 Pure Flavor brings on industry veteran Joe Sbrocchi
- 2023-01-30 Fruit importer-exporter reflects on 2022
- 2023-01-27 Sunrise Fresh appoints Greg Wilson