- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
UK: New appointments for Produce World’s commercial team
Mark Phillips joined Produce World earlier in the year as Sales and Marketing Director, having previously held senior positions at Wellness Foods and Diary Crest/Unigate. Mark has considerable experience in the FMCG sector and his most recent role was a Consultant at Pork Farms, supporting their Commercial Team.
Mark said: “In my role as Sales and Marketing Director I am looking to drive the category forward, confirming Produce World’s position as the UK’s largest grower and supplier of fresh vegetables. Since joining Produce World I have been impressed by the level of innovation within the company. We are continually improving and looking for ways to drive the category with consumer insight driven innovation.”
Andrew Ovens has also recently joined the Produce World Commercial Team as Marketing Director. Andrew has over 20 years’ experience within the food market, specialising in marketing, sales and new product developments. Andrew’s previous job was at S&A Foods working as Marketing and NPD Manager and prior to this he was Group Marketing Manager for New Covent Garden.
In his new role, Andrew will place significant emphasis on driving forward consumer insight, working closely with major retailers.
Andrew said: “Understanding the consumer’s wants and needs has always been, and continues to be vital in today’s market. In my role as Marketing Director at Produce World I will work closely with Mark on category insight and innovation.”
William Burgess, CEO at Produce World said: “Mark and Andrew’s appointments are part of the process of re-structuring our commercial function to best meet the needs of our customers and consumers. One of Produce World’s USPs is the variety of fresh vegetables that we grow and supply into retail. This is our point of difference from our competitors therefore we place huge importance on category insight and innovation. Mark and Andrew both have exceptional experience and we welcome them to the Produce World team.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy