- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Next generation semi-closed greenhouse wins Horti Fair Press Award
The international press chose the Next Generation Semi-Closed Greenhouse as the most important innovation at the Horti Fair 2012. "The consortium that introduces the Next Generation Semi-Closed Greenhouse on the market, confirms the course taken by the Dutch horticulture. The concept of 'the closed greenhouse' was in 2003 winner of the Horti Fair Innovation Award. Since then the concept has been further developed . Under the auspicion of the AVAG a big step has been taken, particularly to further enhance sustainability of the greenhouse, " in the words of the jury.
The Next Generation Semi-Closed Greenhouse is currently being tested under practical conditions at tomato grower Lans in Rilland. Researcher Feije de Zwart of Wageningen UR Glastuinbouw is monitoring this practical test. "A department measuring 4000 m² has been modified and equipped with an air treatment system to allow greenhouse dehumidification when the windows are closed. Closing the greenhouse in the winter saves 4 m³ of natural gas and use of a heat pump in combination with a small CHP system and a small aquifer generates a further saving of 6 m³. That amounts to a total of 10 m³ of natural gas per m² per year. In addition, better dehumidification control raises product quality to a higher level. In short, the Next Generation Semi-Closed Greenhouse is a sustainable innovation that offers both financial and production benefits".
Those participating in the project include: P.L.J. Bom (Naaldwijk), Certhon (Poeldijk), Van Dijk Heating (Bunnik), Glascom Tuinbouw (Rijswijk), Technokas (De Lier), VB Group (De Lier), Zantingh (Rijsenhout), Arend-Sosef (Honselersdijk), Beemster Elektrotechniek (Heerhugowaard), HAWE Systems Europe (Bergschenhoek) and Priva (De Lier). Funding has been provided in the form of contributions from Rabobank Westland’s DIT Fund and the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation within the framework of the Kas als Energiebron (Greenhouse as a Source of Energy) programme.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building