- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
New Safmarine 'Business Link' forum focuses on finding sustainable solutions
The focus of the first Safmarine Business Link forum, held in October 2012, was on the logistical challenges of importers in South Africa's landlocked Gauteng province, the country's economic hub and richest province.
According to Dieter Veening, Safmarine's Southern African Sales Executive: "South Africa's extensive port and freight rail infrastructure upgrades, while essential to the long-term, sustainable growth of the South African economy, have resulted in short-term logistical challenges and high costs for several Gauteng shippers who are highly reliant on an efficient and cost-effective transport network.
Dieter Veening (Safmarine), Philippe de Pinchard (Rohlig) and Dawn Lehmann (Safmarine) at the Safmarine 'Business Link' Forum
"Safmarine's aim in hosting this forum was to openly discuss and assist in identifying solutions to the port- and rail-related issues facing our customers."
Transnet executives, Wiseman Madinane, Commercial Head of Transnet Freight Rail (TFR) and John Hyde, Transnet Port Terminal's National Planning Manager, were invited to address Safmarine customers on the extensive upgrades at the Durban Container port and inland City Deep terminals and, more importantly, to share their ideas on how to limit the negative impact of these upgrades.
Veening said the new forum was proof of Safmarine's commitment to collaborate and work closely with different stakeholders in finding solutions to non-Safmarine related issues affecting its customers' business.
The need to reduce container turn-around times, for both rail and road haulage, as well as the option of discharging cargo, traditionally shipped via Durban, to other ports in order to reduce pressure on Durban, South Africa's largest and busiest port, were among the issues discussed at the October forum.
Tel: + 27 21 788 9962/3
email@example.com or Debbie@communicators.co.za
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building