- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands invests over 5 billion naira in Nigeria's agriculture
"We are supporting the cassava industry and the small holder cassava growers in Nigeria with a contribution of six million Euros developing the value-added chain of cassava which results in creating employment and income for approximately 100,000 Nigerian farmers," he said. "At the same time the Dutch government is supporting the coco growers in this country, the coco processing industry; it is also supporting the value-added chain in the cocoa industry. And the total amount invested in that programme which will last for over five years is approximately 20 million euros. "It is not about money always. It is about the idea. It is about the drive, the experience with which we can help Nigeria.
"There is one other programme that will start in 2013. The programme is for nationwide public private partnership in agro-processing, in agriculture and horticulture. That will be implemented by the International Fertilizer Development Center, IFDC, well known to many of you, I know. And that will be a few million Euros. We really hope that they will bring expertise together of Dutch industry, but not only the Dutch, but African and many more local companies." Princess Maxima, who said she is in Nigeria for the launching of the National strategy for financial inclusion, said stakeholders including the insurance industry need to come in to make financial inclusion a reality and limit the risk the famers have to go through. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Akinwumi Adesina, said financial inclusion is already being implemented through the government's agric programme as over million farmers have received two bags of fertilizers each through the mobile phones.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Bad infrastructure costs Mvomero farmers 30,000 tons of vegetables annually
- 2022-12-01 "We can easily store and market our pumpkins into January"
- 2022-12-01 A Europe-wide observatory for asparagus?
- 2022-12-01 Newly launched Australian potato industry body seeking to build membership base
- 2022-12-01 New auction products at ZON fruit & vegetables
- 2022-12-01 Sakata launches a new broccoli variety that is 'ideal for export'
- 2022-12-01 Senegal's okra industry is doing well
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Carolina Reaper: the strongest pepper in the world is now cultivated in France
- 2022-12-01 Garlic demand higher than expected in October
- 2022-12-01 What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- 2022-11-30 Yuma, Arizona region offers up its own challenges for lettuce supplies
- 2022-11-30 The sales of Hema Shuangdacai are expected to increase by 50%
- 2022-11-30 France: Choudou cabbage sales on the rise
- 2022-11-30 Facts and figures about asparagus from the Netherlands, Great Britain and Germany
- 2022-11-29 Below Farm grows premium mushrooms in the Abu Dhabi desert
- 2022-11-29 New varieties of Syngenta Brussels sprouts are coping better with effects of climatic changes
- 2022-11-29 The future of US sweet corn might be uncertain
- 2022-11-29 Available water a limiting factor for Manitoba vegetable growers
- 2022-11-29 Inside the mushroom growing farm in the Abu Dhabi desert